Caitlin Easter Adventure

A/n I thought since Easter is tomorrow I would write something about Easter as my first one-shot. Happy Easter if you celebrate it.

Age: 7

TW: none

It was Saturday the day before Easter, and Jay was determined to make this special for his daughter, Caitlin. He wanted to create memories that they would cherish for a long time. However, because it had been raining and storming they couldn't have their traditional Easter egg hunt at their church.

Jay decided to put together an indoor egg hunt instead. While Caitlin was sleeping he hid colorful plastic eggs filled with candy in various places. He hid some in the Easter decorations, he hid some in cabinets, he even hid one in her little fairy garden, and anywhere she could see them. When Jay woke Caitlin up she was thrilled with the idea and couldn't wait to start.

She searched every inch of the house, giggling and squealing with excitement as she found each egg. Jay watched as his daughter's eyes lit up with joy and felt a surge of pride that he could create this special moment for her. He took pictures and Videos of this special moment.

Once they had found all the eggs, they decided to make Easter treats together. Caitlin excitedly helped her dad prepare the ingredients for cupcakes, frosting, and decorating supplies. She carefully decorated each cupcake with pastel-colored frosting and sprinkles. Even though they weren't perfect, Jay loved them all the same.

As they sat down to eat their cupcakes, Jay asked Caitlin what Easter meant to her. She thought for a moment before saying that it was the day of Jesus's resurrection and that it was a time for new beginnings and spending time with people you love. Jay smiled at her response and was grateful that she understood the deeper meaning of Easter.

The rest of the day was filled with more Easter activities, like watching Easter movies, playing games together, and doing Easter crafts like dyeing eggs. The day came to an end, Caitlin hugged her father tightly and thanked him for making Easter so special despite the storms. She was a little sad that the storm had ruined their plans of going to their church having dinner and having an Easter egg hunt with her friends.

Jay realized that although things might not be perfect, he could always find a way to create special moments with his daughter. He promised himself that he would continue to make every holiday meaningful and memorable for her. After he tucked her into bed that night, after she said her prayers, and as he was turning off the light she whispered a soft "I love you, Daddy, goodnight Happy Easter." He smiled brightly and whispered back I love you too baby girl, Happy Easter Goodnight."

A/n: Let me know what you think. I won't be posting tomorrow because I have sunrise service and Easter with family.