OMG Why Me

Age: 4 months old

TW: mention of mother dying of childbirth, hospital, hospice kidnapping, beatings, and being shot. Let me know if I missed anything.

Requested: Yes, by Kyliehale24

Madeline's pov
Time 10:30

I just got a call from my mother's hospice nurse she needs me to meet her at the hospital. I am trying to get Caitlin ready and get her stuff together to take her to Jay at the district. I was so distraught that I had forgotten to call Jay. 'It will be fine.' I thought then I walked out the door.

Trudy's pov

I was yelling at an officer for being an idiot and releasing a criminal without clearance from a supervisor. When a lady around my age came in with a little girl. "What do you need," I said in my normal annoyed tone. "Will you get Detective Jay Halstead for me, please?" She said in such a rush it made my head spin. I nodded and said, "Have a seat over there, and I'll bring him down." I walked up the stairs to the bullpen. When I got to the top, I called Jay. "Detective Chuckles, there's a lady downstairs said she needs you she sounds kinda scared." He looked at me confused, then looked at Voight silently, asking if he could see what was going on. Voight nodded, and Jay followed me downstairs.

Jay's pov

I follow Trudy downstairs, trying to figure out who's here. We get to the bottom of the stairs, and Trudy points at the corner where I see Madeline and Caitlin. I tell Trudy thank you and walk over to them. "Let's go in here." I said, leading them into the office."Hey, what's wrong is Catie ok," I said, worried, taking Catie out of her arms. "Yeah, Catie's fine. My mom is in the hospital and I need to go see her and I didn't know where to take Catie so I brought her here," She said, worried. "Hey, that's fine. Go see your mom. I'll talk to my Sargent and see if it's okay for her to stay here. If not, I'll call Will or someone alright." I said, trying to calm her down. "Are you sure cause I can stay with Catie till you get home, then go see mom," she said. "Yeah, it's fine. You've done so much for me. Go see your mom, alright, and don't worry about us," I said, walking out with her to get Catie's stuff. I got all her stuff, then went back inside. I walked inside with Caitlin in her car seat and got a look from Trudy. I walked up to her and said, "This is my daughter, and if you want to know more, then come upstairs cause I'm not explaining it twice." She turned to an officer and said something, and she took over for Trudy. Then we both went upstairs. When we reached the top of the stairs, Caitlin decided to start babbling, so everyone turned to look at us with confused looks. "I'll explain in a minute. Let me talk to Hank first," I said, which only confused them further. I sat Caitlin stuff on my desk and walked towards Hanks office. I knocked, and a few seconds later, I heard him say, "Come in." I walked in, but before the door was fully closed, I heard Adam ask Trudy, "Whose baby is that." After the door shut, Hank looked up at me. He immediately stood up and walked over to me and took Caitlin car seat from me, put it on his desk and took Caitlin out and into his arms, and started talking to her. After a few seconds of him talking and playing with her, he looked up and asked, "Why is she here." Something happened with Madeline's mother, so she had to go see her." He nodded. "Can she stay here, or do I need to call Will," I said, getting straight to the point. "Yeah, she can stay as long as she needs to," he said before standing up and heading towards the door. We walked out to the bullpen, and everyone looked up from what they were doing. I was fixing to start explaining everything when Adam said, "Wait, wait, wait, let me get Trudy, Antonio, and Kim out of the break room." When they came back into the bullpen, I said, "You might want to sit down cause this is going to be long." Some sat down while others didn't, and since Hank knows the whole story, he handed me Caitlin and walked back into his office. I took a deep breath before beginning, "This is Caitlin she is my daughter, her mother Lila, and I got married 2 years ago. 4 months ago, we had her," I said, looking down at the baby that has brought me so much joy these past few months, more than anything has in my entire life. "When Caitlin was born, there was a complication which resulted in Lila dying during childbirth." I said, and they all give me sympathetic looks. "That month break, I took three months ago was not a vacation to see family it was for me to take care of Catie and to find a sitter. Which Trudy that lady you met downstairs was Madeline Caitlin's nanny she and my mom used to be friends and she would watch me and Will when we were little and when she found out I had a baby and needed a sitter she jumped right backin to help me out." I said. "So why did she bring her here," Trudy asked. "Her mother is on hospice care, and her hospice nurse called Madeline and told her to meet her at the hospital, so she brought Caitlin here." I explained. They nodded, and Kim asked. "Why didn't you tell us about her or Lila for that matter."I wanted to protect her and her mother. I mean, I've been kidnapped, beaten, to the point of death, and shot all because of what I do, and I know you would protect her but I just thought that keeping her a secret would be safer for her so I didn't tell anyone other than Hank for obvious reasons." The all looked at me understandingly. I guess Hank was listening from his office cause he came out and said, "And we will all protect her with our lives like we do with each other because she's family." Everyone nodded and started asking if they could hold her and other little questions like when's her birthday. For the remainder of the day, she was the center of attention. Everyone is playing with her and holding her. Antonio even fed her, but when it was about 20 minutes before we were supposed to leave, she started crying until I got her. Madeline says she does that at home to it's like she knows when I'm supposed to be home and starts crying for me. When we went on case's she stayed downstairs with Trudy who acted like she didn't want to watch her even though i caught her in the office playing with her while someone else was watching the front desk. When it came time to leave, I said bye to everyone and headed towards the car with Caitlin and all our stuff. When I got in the car, I called Madeline to check on her mother. "Hey, is your mom ok." Yeah, she tried to get up and broke her ankle they did tests to make sure she was ok, then discharged her, and I gave her hospice nurse the rest of the night off." She said we talked the rest of the drive home, and when we got home, Caitlin was asleep, so I took her carseat inside and sat it on my bed got her out and laid her in her bassinet putting her baby monitor next to her grabbing her other one and going to get a shower.

A/N I hope you like it, Kyliehale24. If I missed anything, let me know, and I will fix it. Please let me know what you think.

Caitlin's mother's name is pronounced Lie-la.