Daddy's Little Detective: The Curious Case of the Missing Teddy

Age:3

TW: Cuteness overload

Time 5:53 AM
Jay's pov

I walk into my apartment after a long night I had been moved to the night shift for a little while and I hated I was exhausted and had a hyper 3 year old that loves spending time with her daddy. I set my keys on the table and hang up my coat on the coat rack and hear my daughters cry's I walk into her room and Will turns to me holding my very distraught daughter and I take her from him and hold her close. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask, holding her close, and I look at Will. "She lost her teddy, and she won't sleep without it. You got her man. I've got to go. I've got a shift soon." He tells me as I rock her, trying to calm her down. I nod, and Will kissed Cait's head and walked out. "Thanks man see you tonight." I say before looking back at Catie. "Baby, it's ok. we'll find your teddy shh shh shh." "Teddy," she cries. "Shh shh shh, we'll find it, I promise, but I need you to take a deep breath and calm down, ok?" She took a deep breath and looked at me slowly, calming down. "There you go, can you tell me where you last had your teddy?" I ask as I wipe her tears with my thumb. "I no know?" She sniffled and buried her face in my neck. "Ok, well, we'll find it, baby. We play detective and find it ok?" She smiled slightly and nodded, "Detective daddy." She giggled, trying to get down. "Detective daddy and detective Catie are on the case looking for Catie's missing teddy Cub. Where shall we look first, my little detective?" I ask as I sat her down."The livin room." She said as she ran to the living room, and I followed her, smiling at how cute she was. We searched the living room, looking for any clues as to where Cub. "Daddy, look, I found some evdence its Cub's detective outfit," she says, picking it up out from underneath the table and passing it to me. "You hold all da evdence daddy okay?" "Yes, ma'am." I say, and she giggled, "How did cubs outfit get under the table, baby?" I ask, taking it from her and holding onto it, "We had a tea party, and den I got a bath." She said, running to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and saw her looking in the basket that we kept her bath toys, and she pulled out my dog tags that she always kept on Cub. "I tooked it off Cub so it no get ruined." She said as she walked over to me. "Then what did you do, baby?" I ask as I crouched down and took the other piece of evidence she was passing to me to hold. "Will ask if I wanna watch a movie an I say yea so we go to your room to watch a movie." She said running into my room as I followed her I picked her up so she could search the bed I went into my closet and put my gun in the safe and walked back into my room and see Catie climbing off the bed she ran in my bathroom to look for her teddy she ran back in the bedroom a few minutes later and squealed and ran to my bed and grabbed her teddy and hugged it tight. "I found it, Daddy. I found Cub." She said as she yawned. "Good job, little detective. Now that Cubs is safe in his mamas arms, it's time for this little detective to get some sleep, ok?" I say as I pick her up and start walking to her room, "Can I sleep in your room, Daddy?" She asks, yawning and laying her head on my shoulder. "Yeah baby," I laid her in my bed and laid beside her as she snuggled into my arms and closed her eyes. When she finally fell asleep, I got up and went to get a shower and get ready for bed before laying beside her and held her close before falling asleep thinking about my little detective.

A/n I know this is short, but I had this idea to make a little detective series, so if you have any cases you want Catie to solve, let me know, and I'll do them.