Daddy Daughter Work Day

Age 1 year old

TW:

Requested: Yes, AndreaD603

A/n I forgot to put this in a bit about the Halsteads, so I went back and updated it, but Legends nickname is Lee.

Jay's pov
Time: 4:30 to 6:00 A.M.

Caitlin is going to have to come with me to the district because her sitter is sick and can't come watch her. I got out of bed, got a shower, and put my uniform on. Caitlin was still asleep, so I took the baby monitor into the kitchen, made some coffee, and fed Legend before sitting down to start on some paperwork. It wasn't long before I heard a cry from the baby monitor. I looked at the monitor and saw Caitlin thrash around crying. I get up and walk into her nursery and gently pick her up, rocking her slightly whispering, "Shhhh, Shhh, you're ok, daddy's got you, daddy's got you" Once she calmed down and stopped crying, she fluttered her eyes open. "Hey baby," She buries her head into my shoulder and says, "scawy." I rub her back until I know she's fully calm before kissing her head and asking, "You hungry?" "Mhm," she says, rubbing her eye, still a little tired. "Ok, let's go get breakfast." "Yaaay," she cheers. I smile as I walk into the kitchen. I set her in her high chair and went to the fridge and got the milk out. I poured some in her bottle and gave it to her before walking over and cutting up some fruit for her. "Do you want strawberries?" I ask, looking at her. "Ya," she says, pointing at the cantaloupe I'm cutting for myself. "Sorry Cait, you can't have cantaloupe." "Y?" she asks, looking defeated. "Cause it will make you sick, baby," I said, referring to the fact that she's allergic. "Do you want some strawberries?" I ask, pulling them out of the fridge, knowing it's her favorite fruit. Her eyes widen, and she gasps, pointing at them, "bewwy bewwy."So you want strawberries?" I asking washing them. "Ya, ya." She says, clapping as I cut up the strawberries. Once I finish cutting them, I give them to her and start making us some scrambled eggs. When they were done, I walked over to her and set her egg in front of her. I sit down in a chair next to her and start eating. Once we're both finished eating, I take her out of her high chair and into her room to get her ready to go to the district. After I get her ready, I set her on the ground, "You ready to take Lee on a walk." "Ya, ya." I whistle for Legend as I grab his leash, smiling as Caitlin tries to whistle. A few seconds later, Legend comes running into the foyer, holding one of his rope toys. I put his leash on, and Caitlin reaches for it. I let her hold onto it while I held the end. I know if Caitlin holds the leash on her own that Legend is not going to pull her, he's trained to stay close to his handler but Caitlin likes to pull him which makes the walk 10 times longer and I have to get to work. I open the door, and we walk out and over to the elevators. We get on and go down to the lobby, getting off and walking outside. I pick Caitlin up, not wanting to lose her on the busy Chicago streets. We walk to a nearby park and go to the fenced-in dog area. I look at the time on my phone and see that it's only 5:30 which means we've got 30 minutes till we have to head back to the apartment to put Legend up before heading to work so I put Caitlin down and take Legend's leash off letting him run around the fenced in area. He runs off to play with the other dogs. It's the same dogs as every morning, so he's doesn't really care that there are people here and know none of the other dogs will mess with Caitlin. I grabbed Caitlin's hand, walked over to a bench in the fenced-in area, and sat down. Caitlin grabs one of her toys from the bag I brought for her and reaches for me. I pick her up, and she plays with her toy. "What is that?" I ask as she shows it to me. "Baby," She says smiling, and I tickle her, saying, "Are you my baby?" She breaks out into a fit of giggles "Ya" she says between giggles. I stop tickling her chuckling she slowly stops giggling, and she looks up at me with a big smile. She tries to get out of my arms, so I put her down. She starts to walk away when a woman walks in with a golden retriever puppy she sets the puppy down, and it runs around jumping on the other dog owners. I keep my eye on the puppy and Caitlin, so if it comes over to Caitlin, I can get her away from it if I need to. When the other dogs come over to it the puppy cowers a little until they leave once they leave it noticed Caitlin and runs over and jumps on Caitlin making her fall down she squeals as the puppy licks her face. I quickly stand up and walk over to Caitlin, seeing the puppies owner walking over as well. "I'm so sorry. Is she ok?" The lady asks, picking her puppy up as I pick Caitlin up. "Yeah, she's fine. Just a bit of slobber." I say as Caitlin giggles, wiping her face on my shoulder. Legend had heard her squeal and ran over, sitting down in front of me, looking up, trying to check on Caitlin. I talk to the lady a few more minutes, reassuring that Cait is ok. I look at my watch and see it's time to go, so I call Legend over and hook his leash on his collar and we start walking home we get home and I take his leash off letting him run around I sit Caitlin down and she runs in and starts to play, "Caitlin don't pull all that out we got to go." I say, seeing her start to dump the toys out. "You can pick a few to take with you, but we are not pulling them out right now, ok?" I tell her, and she grabs the small box of farm animals she has and brings it to me. "Yeah, you can take that." I say as I grab the paperwork and stuff I need for work. Once I have everything I need, I pick Caitlin up, and we head to the car.