Hidden Family

Age: 5 months old

TW: none

Requested: Yes
AndreaD603
I just wanted to say a quick thanks for requesting it, Andrea.

Jay's pov

I have a little secret that only a few people know about. I have a wife, Allison, and 5 month old daughter Caitlin. I am currently sitting at my desk while everyone is discussing what they have found out about the case. I was too busy thinking about Catie and her little smile that shows everyone she is a Halstead. Allie says she has all of the Halstead genes from the smile, too, the stubbornness the hair to the eyes that look up at you with so much love. I must've zoned out because I didn't hear Voight asking me a question or Antonio calling my name until Hailey snapped in my face, which made me look up. She asked, "You good there, Jay?"Yeah, I just didn't sleep well last night," I said, unconvincingly, I was hoping she would just drop it, and thankfully, she did. She just nodded with an unconvinced look, and Voight asked his question again, "So Jay, where are we at with the reports from the witnesses." Witnesses say they saw 2 tall men enter the building 2 minutes before they heard gunshots then left quickly after and left in a white 4 door sedan with partial plates being 79O. Witnesses described the first man saying he was tall about 6 ft with a gray hoodie and blue jeans and white and red Converse in his early to mid-20s. The second is in his mid to late 30s, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, and black Converse. They said he was about my height and said he was driving. I gave that information to Mouse earlier, and he is cross matching the plates to the vehicle and then matching the vehicle to the description of the men." I said. "Good everyone get back to work. Halstead in my office," Voight said and walked off with me following without question as Hailey and Antonio gave me confused looks as I passed them. I walked in, and Voight said, "Close the door and sit down." I closed the door and sat down as he asked with a slight smile, "How's Allie and the baby."There're good. Catie is starting to roll." I replied with a big smile. "Good, I'm guessing that's why you spaced out." He said, and I laughed a little. "Yeah, I was thinking about Catie." I said while rubbing the back of my neck as I thought about how she was so sure of what she was babbling about this morning when we woke up. She is definitely going to tell us all about her dreams when she can talk or talk about anything and everything. I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when Voight said, "look Jay I know having a baby is the best thing, but you can't let it distract you when you're working unless we are not in the middle of an active case," he said and I nodded in understanding. "So, are you busy this weekend," he asked. I shook my head and said, "No, not unless Allie planned something and is waiting to tell me when she's shoving me out the door." He laughed and said, "sounds like something she would do." See, Allie is like Erin. Although she didn't live with him, she stayed over quite a lot, and Voight sees her as a daughter. "If this case doesn't go through the weekend and Allie doesn't have anything planned, I wanted to invite you, her, and the baby over for dinner so I can play with my granddaughter," he said. "I will see what Allie has planned," I said. We started talking about the case when we heard a knock and turned our heads to see Mouse poke his head in and say, "We got a guy that matches." We all walk back out, and Voight tells us to suit up, and we go and catch the guy.

Hailey's pov
After they solve the case.

Jay has been acting really different recently. I can't figure out why he doesn't go out to Molly's with us, and he seems to be more. I don't know. Happy. Not that being more happy is a bad thing it's just Jay is not a guy to show much emotion at work, and he doesn't get distracted and a couple months back he was coming to work really tired. I caught him once falling asleep in the break room on his break, and after that, I noticed he took naps on all his breaks. I don't think Voight notices, but I do, and I know for sure, so does the rest of intelligence. So here I am, gathering all of intelligence and asking them if they know what is going on with Jay. They all look at me and shake their heads. So, I decided to come up with a plan. "Ok so I'm going to go see if Jay wants to go to Molly's and if he says no we are going to his apt and seeing what is going on," I say and everyone agrees. I walk over to Jay as he is getting ready to leave and ask, "Hey, you want to go to Molly's with us." He shakes his head and says, "Nah, I'm going to go home and rest. Maybe next time, though." I know that he is lying, but I quickly reply,"Ok," then walk off, and we all leave.

Jay's pov

I walked in the door to our apartment and saw Caitlin lying on her back on her play mat, and I quickly walked over and picked her up. She squealed and started grabbing my face and hair. "Hi baby daddy missed you," I say as she starts babbling back and one of her tiny fingers points at my nose and I say "that's my nose," and she looks at me and babbles and I point to hers and say, "that's your nose," and she giggles and grabs my finger. I look around and don't see my wife normal. She will come out and see me when I open the door. I look back at Catie. "Where's Mama love," I ask even though I know I'm not going to get an answer. I started walking around looking for Allie until I found her in our bedroom folding laundry. I put Catie in her bassinet and walk to my wife and hug her from behind and kiss her shoulder blade and ask, "Hi babe, how was your day." She turns around still in the hug and kisses me, then says, "It was good, how about you." It was good Voight wants to know what we have planned this weekend." Nothing why." He invited us to come eat so he can play with the baby," I say while helping Allie fold laundry, Catie squeals, indicating she wants to be picked up so Allie walks over and picks her up and as she is walking back to me she says, "Yeah that's fine we can go." Alright, I'll tell him later. I reply as Catie reaches for me, and when I don't grab her, she starts reaching more and whining a little. Allie and I both laugh as I lay her on her back in the middle of the bed and hand her one of my shirts I'm folding to play with. As she's playing with it, Allie and I start to talk about random things. When we finish the laundry and it's all put away, I turn to Allie and say, "I'm going to hop in the shower before I start dinner." "Ok she says as she peaks me on the lip and walks over to Catie she picks her up and walks out of the room. I grab my clothes and take a shower.

Time skip

We finished eating dinner a few minutes ago and we are sitting on the couch watching a movie Allie has her head on my shoulder and a blanket is draped over both of us I have Catie in my lap and I am feeding her a bottle. We both look at each other when we hear a knock at the door. I stand up, still feeding Catie and open the door. I am shocked to see the entire intelligence unit minus Voight standing outside our apartment. Their eyes immediately shift to the happy girl in my arms. They all look shocked, and no one says a thing until finally Kim breaks the silence, "is the baby yours," she asks, and I slowly nod, and that's when the questions start . I stepped aside at let everyone come in. We walked to the living room and sat down. That said hi to Allie and then started asking questions. "Why didn't you tell us," Haley asked. " i thought with you not knowing would keep someone from hurting them," I replied
Kim said, "Before I ask my question, can I hold her." Yeah," Allie said, and I moved to give her to Kim as she asked. "When did you come back to Chicago."Just a little over 2 years ago," Allie said. They all used to know Allie we dated before, but she moved away, and we broke up. When she came back to Chicago we started to hang out then eventually started dating until last year I asked her to marry me and here we are.We answer all their other questions, and we just have regular conversations for the rest of the night. Catie makes her way around to everyone and eventually makes her way to me. As everyone is about to leave, Allie comes over and says, "I'm going to bed it was good to see all of you again." She kisses me, and Catie squeals and pushes her away. Everyone laughs, and Kevin says, "She's definitely a Daddies girl. Allie leaves taking Catie with her and going to bed, and they stay, and we talk some more until everyone decides to leave. After saying goodbye to everyone and making sure the doors are locked, I turn on off the light and go to bed. I give Caitlin a goodnight kiss, then crawl in bed, and Allie tiredly kisses my lips, then lays her head on my shoulder, and we fall asleep.

A/N: AndreaD603 I hope you enjoy reading this. Let me know what you think. If you don't like it, then let me know, and I will rewrite it.