PART 4

"Helena, you have been there for like 10 minutes. Is everything okay?"

"Yes, Ed. My stomach was hurting a bit. I'll come in some time", she said making an excuse.

"Okay. Just call me if you feel too much pain, hmm", he said.

'Shit! This seriously means that he is suspecting me. Thank God I did not speak anything while getting out of bed. I need to be very sure not to speak about anything on is topic with anyone. I badly need to tell Daxton about this. But, how? I think I should go to his restaurant tomorrow during work hours without calling him. Yes, this will work ', she thought as she flushed the toilet and turned on the tap to make her lie look realistic.

She went out and found the small table lamp turned on and Edwin roaming here and there. As he heard the door open, he looked at her with concern.

"Sweetheart, are you well? Do you want me to call the doctor", he asked as he cupped her face.

"Ed, I am fine now. I think it was just some indigestion. It is all good now", she said. "Well, I am tired now. I have a lot of work regarding a new case tomorrow, so let's catch up with some sleep."

"You are not going anywhere tomorrow."

She looked at him with a confused face, already knowing that he would not let her go out of the house easily. But, to show that she did not hide anything, she kept up the act.

"Why", she asked.

"You had indigestion right now. I am not letting you eat anything outside. Also, you tend to skip meals whenever you get a new case", he said as an excuse. Inside, he was doubting her but he could not just tell her that just in case she actually did a prank.

"Okay, I promise I won't skip meals now. I will take care of myself", she said with a soft smile.

"Baby, please just this one time. You know I get worried every time you get sick", he said with a pleading smile. And Helena knew that she could not get out of the house tomorrow.

"Okay, fine. I won't go tomorrow", she said. "Now, let me sleep", she said.

"Thank you, Helena", he said as he embraced her in his arms as they laid down to sleep.

The next morning, Helena and Edwin had breakfast together. Edwin was again very quiet. He went to the office while Helena worked on the cases from home that day. While doing her work, she kept thinking of how to stop Edwin from doubting her. She had assisted a lot of criminal cases at the court and had a good knowledge of the behaviors shown by criminals. While going through the case, she suddenly got an idea- a fake act.

'Edwin has been very cold today. But, he still cared for me yesterday night when I faked a stomach ache. He will most probably be cold to me till he believes that I am innocent. I have a perfect plan if he gives me a cold shoulder for the next few days ', she thought as hope rose in her eyes.

And as she predicted, Edwin was cold to her for the next few days. Helena took a paid leave for two weeks to execute the plan. Edwin did not know about this. When four days passed like this, Ray skipped all her meals. She told the maids in an extra sad voice, which made them think that something was wrong. Edwin came at night, all quiet, and Helena did not say anything either. Helena told him that she had her dinner before, so he ate alone while Helena went to the room, saying that she was too tired. He found her looking somewhat pale but did not ask her. After eating, he walked to the room to sleep. He found Helena lying on the bed. The lights were on. He went towards his side and plugged his phone into the charger. And then, she broke the silence.

"Edwin", she said while looking at him with a sad gaze.

"Hmm."

"Don't you love me anymore", she asked emotionlessly.

"Why do you think that", he asked looking at her.

"Edwin, you don't talk to me anymore, forget the pampering. You don't call me those romantic names. You don't call me when you are at work. I don't think that you even know that I have not gone to the law firm since that day."

He looked at her in shock. He knew that she was very ambitious. Work was her priority.

'She did not go to the law firm for five days! This is serious now ', he thought.

"You are not behaving like you used to. I miss that sweet Edwin. I miss his love and care. And I know this happened because of that prank. I am hurt, very hurt", she said as tears left her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. These were not fake tears, she was crying all the pain that she had. She knew that she had lost him the minute she got to know that he was a mafia. She let all her feelings out finally.

"I apologized for the prank too. But *sniffs* you *sniffs* did not forgive me. Why did you get so serious for such a stupid prank", and she started to cry harder.

Edwin was stunned to see her in this state. Never in his life, he had thought that the girl who was so tough and cold-hearted in the beginning would be so sensitive at heart. He had never seen this side of hers. Helena kept this side of hers hidden from people. She cried alone whenever she missed Sam, but never let anyone see her in that state. She knew that showing people her weak side would do no good to her, rather it would give the people an opportunity to eat her alive.

He went to her and hugged her. And he found her burning. He touched her face and neck and it was all so hot. She had a high fever.

"Helena, you have a high fever! Why didn't you tell me", he asked worriedly. He rushed downstairs to get an ice pack for her.