PART 16

'Where is Daxton? Did Edwin hurt him?'

She thought as she started freaking out. Negative thoughts started racing through her mind. She could imagine Daxton tied up wounded badly and getting tortured severely by Lucifer's guards.

'I have to save him. He got himself into danger because of me', thought Helena as she started to bang on the door.

"DAXTON", she screamed repeatedly. Her tears never stopped flowing out of her eyes. Nobody opened the door. She kept hitting it till her palms pained a lot.

"Daxton, please be safe", she mumbled as she sobbed softly. She was feeling weak. She had not eaten anything since yesterday. Resting her head against the door, she prayed to God to keep Daxton safe. She unknowingly slept there.

Helena's POV

I opened my eyes. Surprisingly, I was back in Canada. My eyes widened and I quickly got out of my bed. Oh my God! Was that really just a terrific dream? It felt so real. I took a breath of relief and smiled looking at the morning. It was bright and beautiful. I heard Milo and Cuddles meowing at each other. Turning back, I saw them trying to climb me. I laughed and picked both of them up in my arms. Their warmth was enough to calm me down.

"Thank you, God, for making me wake up", I said as I smiled looking at my two babies.

"Helena, come for breakfast. I made my special waffles for you", shouted Daxton from downstairs.

"Coming Dax", I said as I went towards the kitchen. I wanted to look at him once. I wanted to make sure that he was healthy and safe. Entering the kitchen, I saw him neatly placing the dish on the plate with the garnish. He looked at me and smiled. Damn, I missed that eye smile of his.

"Morning Dax", I said as I hugged him.

"Morning Helena", he said. "I am making the food, can you stop hugging me", he asked.

"I had a bad dream", I said as he left the dish and hugged me back.

"Was it about him", he asked.

"Yeah", I said. He patted my back.

"Don't worry. He will never know any-", he was cut off by a loud sound. It was a gunshot! I looked at the window in front of us. It was broken.

"Daxton, are you all right", I asked but as soon as I looked at him, I saw him covered in blood. I could see the bullet hole straight in his chest. He dropped down, dead on the spot. Then, I heard another Bang! And soon, loud shrieking sounds of Milo and Cuddles. I ran back to my room. A pool of blood surrounded them. I could not scream. My voice stopped. Sweat and tears flowed out of me. I could not understand anything. And then, I saw him. Edwin, standing right in front of me with a gun in his hand. He was smirking and his eyes looked psychotic.

"Let's go back, Helena. Now nothing can ever separate us", he said as he gripped my wrist tightly and pulled me out of my apartment.

"No, stop this Edwin! I don't want to be with a killer like you", I screamed, as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Do you want me to kill you", he asked me as he glared into my eyes.

"I think it will be the best thing. Kill me Ed", I said as I looked bravely into his eyes, although I was afraid of dying.

"It won't be an easy one darling, I will traumatize you in every way before killing you sweetheart", he said with an evil grin.

End of Helena's POV

Helena woke up when the door opened. Her head was resting on the door, so it fell forward. It was a dream. She held her head in pain. Looking around, she realized that it was just a dream. But now, she wanted to see Daxton. She could not delay it.

"Helena, I am so sorry! Is it hurting", asked Edwin.

"I am okay", she said as she got up and went near the bed.

'He might be in danger. Cuddles and Milo are in danger too. I need to go to them as soon as possible ', she thought.

"Helena, I am getting food for you. You need to eat up", he said.

"Edwin, where is Daxton", she asked him. She looked into his eyes and could see them getting dark.

"You don't want to know that", he said coldly. She felt a lump in her throat. She was again going to cry.

"But I need to know that. He is my brother. I asked him for help, h-he d-did n-not do anything", she said as she broke down again.

"P-please leave him and my babies. Please", she cried as she joined her hands.

"What babies", he asked frowning.

"C-cuddles and Milo", she said as she looked at him. He saw her cute doe eyes, all filled with tears. He could not see her crying. So he decided to tell her.

"They are all safe and breathing", he said.

"Please let me meet them", she said as she held his hand.

"I will take you to meet them, but on one condition."

"What condition", she asked confused.

"You will eat first", he said, "Without any fuss."

"Okay", she said.

"I will come in a minute with your food", he said as he locked the door again. A minute later, he came inside with a tray.

"Come here, princess", he said as he sat on the bed. Helena went towards him and sat beside him.

"Not there. Come here", he said as he pointed to his lap. She looked at him and shook her head.

"I think I told you specifically to finish the food without any fuss", he said in a stern tone. Helena sat on his lap hesitantly.

"Now, let me feed you", he said with a cute smile. He fed her gently. He was smiling all the while. After making her eat, he wiped her mouth softly with a napkin.

"My cute cupcake", he said as he kissed her cheek.