PART 12

Edwin reached his office in ten minutes. Running upstairs to his office, he reached there breathing heavily. He banged the door loudly as it was opened, revealing Noah. He bowed after seeing Edwin.

"Lucifer Sir, welcome back to the office", he said as he got to a side, letting him inside. Coming in, Lucifer saw his main hacker and two computers with paused video footage.

"Now, tell me all about it", he commanded as he took a seat in front of the computers.

Noah played the footage in front of him, and said, "Sir, we were working on a different case, when we looked through a random flight's passengers list. When I looked through it, I found Helena Ma'am and Daxton Sir's full names written there. I checked the date and it was the same date they both went missing. I found this weird, so I checked the further details. Turns out, they both were present on the flight that day. The flight was to Toronto, Canada. I checked this footage here, but I did not find anyone with the same looks. I think that they disguised themselves with masks and hats. Furthermore, checking the list of Swedish tourists entering Canada this year, I could not find their names anywhere. They might have changed their original names as well. I am sorry to say Sir, but this looks like a well-implemented plan. They faked their death here."

Edwin was numb.

"So, she knew it. She knew my true identity. She did well enough to fool me", he said realizing everything.

'The prank was a part of her plan to be sure whether I am Lucifer or not. She played it all extremely well ', he thought.

"Noah, I want you to make another gaming company by a different name. Open it with the name, John Scott. And find out more about both of them. I will be coming to work every day from now.

"Found you, Princess! Well played indeed." He laughed maniacally while clapping his hands.

"I'll let you live for now. Live as freely as you want to, cuz you will soon lose this freedom. You will be coming back here to Sweden, Doll."

*Present Time*

The day after tomorrow was their first wedding anniversary. Although Lia had moved on, she still sometimes thought about her past. How beautiful those moments were when she did not know his real identity. How difficult it was for her to again believe in happy endings. She remembered those romantic moments, his pampering and caring nature. She wanted to be alone that day, so she wrote a leave application. Going to her director's office, she knocked on the door.

"Come in", said Mrs. Jackson as Lia went inside.

"Yeah, Sir. I will manage everything", Mrs. Jackson said as she hung up the call. "Miss Clarke, I was about to call you. Anyways, what brings you here?"

"Ma'am, I need to take a leave on the upcoming Thursday. I have got the leave application", she said as she was taking it out of her folder.

"I'm afraid I cannot allow that to you. I just got a call from the director of SGamex Company. They have a case on the ownership of their recently launched game. Since this is a high-profile case, he especially asked for you to take the case. They will arrive in Calgary on Thursday morning. The meeting for the case is scheduled for Thursday evening", she said.

"Ma'am, it is very important for me to take leave. Can't they schedule the meeting for Friday morning?"

"No, they can't. I know that it is your first leave since you came here, but I am very sorry for this. They just want you to lead the case. Don't worry, I will let take two days off after this case", said Mrs. Jackson.

"Okay, ma'am. I will come", she said. Lia went home after that. Ringing the doorbell, Liam opened the door with a smile.

"Hi Helena", he said as he got her a glass of water.