PART 9

The next day, Helena went to the law firm. She got the two new numbers and waited for Daxton to come. She checked her dress well to find any microphones but there were none. So she was very calm. There was a knock on her front door.

"Come in", she said as she read the case file.

"Hey, Helena. How are you feeling today? He said as he entered her cabin.

"I am fine Dax. How are you?"

"I am good too. I came to see you. Should we go together to eat", he asked.

"Yeah, let's go to your restaurant. I have not been there for a long time", she said.

"Yeah, sure. I will take my car from the parking", he said as they went to the basement. During their drive, she took Daxton's phone and left it in the car along with hers. They both sat in the special room which is for VIPs. She started to explain everything.

"Daxton, I am going to tell you what exactly happened that day. So, I had my day off and I was reading the news on my laptop. A news headline popped up saying that Lucifer, the ruthless mafia was spotted outside a hotel. I was intrigued since no one had seen his face. His face was covered completely with a mask and sunshades. I was about to scroll down to another piece of news, but then I noticed that the shoes this man was wearing were the same as those I had designed for Edwin. I got angry and called Glory instantly. But she told me that she did not make any other pair. Also, the main logo of that pair was designed by me, so the design could not be completely the same. She jokingly said that I should closely see the photo, maybe the man is my husband. I ended the call and when I checked those photos again, I found his physique quite similar to Edwin's. So, I thought that he might be Lucifer. To be sure, I thought of an idea. I decided to confront him that night, by saying that I had learned everything about him that I never thought that he would hide so much from me, and that I wanted a divorce. Now, what mattered was his reaction. And his eyes turned red on hearing this. I saw all the anger signs building in him. And what he said next was the thing that made me a hundred percent sure, he told me that he would never let me go. He told me that I would have to walk over his dead body to leave him. I immediately acted according to the plan. I started to laugh, but he was serious. Then I acted further to gain his trust again. I have got my firm to transfer me to their branch in Canada. I have planned to fake my death here. And then I can live tension-free", she said.

"Helena, I won't let you go alone. I will come to Canada with you for your safety. Lucifer is very powerful and dangerous. He will do everything to get you back. I will come with you to Canada. I will open my restaurant there with a different name", he said.

"Thank you, Daxton. Here, I got this phone for you. It has my new number saved. You will contact me on it making sure that your main phone is switched off so that no one can hear us. They may have hacked our phones. I will book the plane tickets for the next week. Till then, let's act the usual way", she said.