PART 18

Dear Diary,

This year has been a rollercoaster for me. But despite the ups and downs, this was a beautiful year too, since it reunited me with my soulmate. Ed quit his mafia work and now focuses just on me, our pets, and his company. And I cannot stop thanking God for him. He is the best husband one could ask for, and I love him a lot.

I had always wanted to feel the 'She felt first but he fell harder' trope. And it feels amazing. When the guy falls first, the relationship goes to the next level. We five stay together every night. All of us, playing together. I never knew he would love Cuddles and Milo so much. Tannie missed me too. He did not talk to me for a whole week! Maybe I deserved that. But, in the end, we are together and happy.

Daxton married Rebecca, his Canadian girlfriend. And they are living happily in Calgary. I miss him a lot. But, it is better since we do a lot of video calls.

It is Edwin's birthday tomorrow. I already got his gift. He will love it a lot since he has always wanted it. You must be thinking about what the gift is, aren't you? Well, I am pregnant. It's been a month already, but I wanted to surprise him on his 30th birthday. His third decade should be a special one.

To be honest, I never wanted to have kids. But, I knew that he loved kids. He had always been so good to me even when I did so bad to him. And I wanted to repay his kindness. I wanted to give him a kid. I wanted to make him feel loved, I wanted to let him know that I too care for him. The day I got to know about this baby, I felt overwhelmed with happiness. I could imagine him smiling ear to ear while holding our baby in his hands. I could imagine us playing happily with this little one. It felt euphoric to think of all those cute moments that we would be having with this cutie pie.

That is all for the time being. Will talk to you later.

With love, Helena Roberts.