PART 13

She called Liam. He picked up instantly.

"Lia, where are you? I am two minutes away", he said.

"Liam I am about to enter the amusement park. There is a good crowd here. Do not park your car near the park. The park is at least a kilometer away. Walk the distance and wear a pair of sunshades. Do not wear any mask, we might look suspicious. I have attached a fake big nose to look different. I will meet you at the gate. If you see him somewhere, act like you don't know him", she told him quickly.

"Okay, stay safe", he said.

Lia cut the call and started to fake a smile. She stood calmly at the gate while wearing her headphones. Listening to a heavy metal song, she felt relaxed and confident.

'I can do it. I can escape him ', she thought.

Liam came in after some time. Lia ran to him while smiling as she took her kitties from his arms.

"Hi Liam", she said as she smiled at him.

"Hi Lia", he said as he hugged her.

"Are you okay", he whispered in her ear.

"Yeah, act cool and happy. It will keep us away from suspicion", she whispered in his ear.

"Let's go inside then", he said as he held her hand and they both walked inside the amusement Harrison. Sitting in a giant wheel, Lia hurriedly called a cab.

"Hello, I would like to book a cab from the amusement Harrison", she said.

"Okay, ma'am. At what time do you want the cab?"

"In ten minutes. Please give me a call when the cab arrives", she said.

"Okay, ma'am."

The call ended.

"Explain it Lia", said Liam.

"Remember I told you about that meeting. I was having a bad feeling about it. So, today when I went to the office, everything was all right initially, but as the time for the meeting came near, I was called by a worker. I was going outside. To my surprise, the whole firm was empty. I asked the worker and he told me that Mrs. Jackson gave everybody a half-day today. This was weird. She is very strict with work. I got a negative feeling so I decided to inform you so I told the worker to leave as well. The next thing he told me, alarmed me. He told me that he was ordered by the director to escort me there and lock the door from outside. I somehow managed to call you and with his help, I was able to escape. I am very sure that Lucifer has come. He knows that we are alive. He knows that I knew about his real identity all along. I don't know what will happen now", she said as her tears threatened to fall.

Daxton patted her back.

"Helena, it will be all right. I am here with you. I will do everything to protect you", he said assuring her. The wheel stopped indicating the ride had ended. They went down the stairs and walked slowly to the gate. Liam held her by her shoulders and looked her in the eyes.

"Listen to me clearly, Edwin might come face to face with us today. No matter what happens, if he sees us, act like you never saw him. If he judges by the slightest expression that you know him, he will take you away. He will be angry, very angry. Just act well and don't let your fear control you", he said.

Lia nodded. She got the call. The cab had arrived.

"Liam, the cab has arrived", she said. They both walked out and sat in the cab.

"Take us to XXXXXXXXXX Street", said Liam.

"Okay Sir", said the driver. He started to drive.

Helena's POV

Daxton and I had already purchased a secret place for an emergency. We never told anybody about this place. Also, this place was purchased under a different name. I felt safer as we were reaching the place. I was astounded to realize that I did not feel scared at all. I handled the situation soundly in the evening. It was around 9 pm and night had fallen. I snuggled in my kitties. They meowed at me with love. I felt relieved and kissed both of them. My kitties, the main source of my happiness and hope, were there with me at the end of the day.

END OF POV

They both reached the street. Getting out of the cab, Lia paid the driver. It was a lonely, suburban area. They walked to the house. The lights were all off. Taking out the keys to the gate, Daxton unlocked the gate. Getting in, he went to switch on the lights. But they were not switching on. The whole house was in the dark.

"Daxton, I think the main power lever is turned off", said Helena.

"I will turn it on then. You stay here", he said as he went out into the compound. The main power lever was in the backyard. Daxton went there, while Helena tried to take her phone out of her pocket to switch on the flashlight. But, because of the kitties, she could not reach her pocket. She let the kitties on the floor as she took her phone out and switched on the flash. One of the cats meowed loudly, which frightened Helena.

"Milo, Cuddles! Come here babies", she said as she turned back to find them. Surprisingly enough, she did not hear her cats' voices after that. It was complete silence all around. She took a few steps.

"Milo!"

"Cuddles!"

"Come to Momma babies!"

Somebody snatched her phone suddenly.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhh", she screamed in fear.

Her mouth was quickly covered with a hand, to prevent her from screaming. She felt somebody's presence behind her. His palm covered her mouth and one arm held her waist securely. She recognized the grip. Her breath hitched as her eyes started to fill with tears. She lost. He was a step ahead of her. She was not able to think of any backups. Her worst nightmares flashed before her eyes. She could picture herself in their villa in Seoul, in a golden cage. She started to think of the worst-case scenarios, maybe he would force himself on her, maybe he would torture her, maybe she would never be able to get out of that place again. All these thoughts swarmed in her mind. Tears were brimming in her eyes.

And, then, she heard that voice, that dominating tone, which she never wanted to hear again in her entire life.

"LONG TIME NO SEE, PRINCESS."