𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Date: 1999

__________

< Author's POV >

He hated it. He was supposed to be the top student in the whole grade. His eyes raged with fury as he stared at her, she walked in front to get her certificate from the teacher. Her expression showed she wasn't happy or sad with her rank. His eyes never left her figure as she went back to her seat. His eyes widened when she locked eyes into contact with him, she was grinning wide.

"Rank 2, Tetta Kisaki!"

He wanted to rip off his ears when he heard the '2' number. He hated it so much. Kisaki took his certificate and sat back down.

She was sitting at the back of the room near the window. Kisaki was sitting not far away from her. Kisaki looked back at her and she was grinning while looking at the front, Kisaki gritted his teeth 'her face looks so annoying' he said mentally as he tried to calm himself down before looking at the front to listen to the further announcement of their adviser.

It was around afternoon dismissal time, Kisaki was getting ready to go to their cramming school together with Hina, before he could ask for her, he stopped when he saw Hina talking to her. His blood boiled as he approached them "Please! Just this once! I promise it won't be boring!!" Hina said pleading as she stared at her with puppy eyes.

She sighed as she closed her eyes "fine" she groaned finally. Hina smiled as she turned around and met face to face with Kisaki "Kisaki!! Sorry I had to invite her!" Kisaki looked up to her, she was slightly taller than Kisaki and Hina "It's fine" he said not sounding too annoyed, but deep inside he was mad.

After the cramming school. The three went out to treat their selves some ice cream "I'm glad you got to hang out with us, Y/N!" Her dull e/c eyes just stared at Hina "Whatever." Kisaki didnt get any ice cream and just waited for the two to finish.

Y/N had finished her ice cream as well as Hina. Kisaki sighed and held Hina's hands "we're going home" Y/N stared at them as she had her hands inside her pockets "what's the hurry Kisaki?" He didnt know why he stiffened when she mentioned his last name "Yeah Kisaki? Its not yet that late?" Hina said removing Kisaki's hand.

Kisaki sighed "what do you mean 'Its yet that late', your father will get mad if you dont come home safe" when Hina realized that she frowned "yeah you're right" Y/N rolled her eyes at Kisaki "Well then see you two tomorrow" she waved as a car stopped in front of her. A guy with a suit and glasses went out and opened the door "Bye Hina! Bye Kisaki" she waved before the car drove off.

Kisaki glared at the car she was in and held Hina's hand "let's go."

The next year was still the same for Kisaki. As each time passes by his hatred towards Y/N kept growing. She was better at everything in playing instruments, sports, and even in academics. It irritated him even more when he seemed to think that Y/N was doing this on purpose.

Hina had totally hinted already how Kisaki hated Y/N. The way he glared at her, with his hand clenching, and his behavior around her. At first Hina thought he was mad because of how she always hangs out with them, but she was wrong. All along is because these two had fought in battle to take the the number 1 spot in the whole grade.