Chapter 6

Okay, random poll, but is anyone else kind of tired of the drama between Jordan and Sarah, since she cannot seem to figure out what she wants in a relationship. Do you still want to see Jordan and Sarah together or would you rather I pair them up with other people?

While Clark had taken Jonathan up to the Fortress, Lois had decided to head into work that Smallville Gazette, since that was where she and Clark had both ended up working there after Morgan Edge had them fired from the Daily Planet and Lois had actually used her severance pay from the planet to buy half of the Gazette from its current owner, Chrissy Beppo, who'd been having trouble keeping the paper going when she and Clark had first moved their family to Smallville after Martha Kent's death, since like most other businesses in Smallville, the Gazette had been holding on by a thread, but Lois's check had been enough to get the Gazette out of debt and save Chrissy from bankruptcy.

Anyways, as Lois drove towards the Gazette, she thought about the major bombshell that had been dropped on her shortly before she left, compliments of J'onn J'onzz. She now remembered everything, including the fact that Clark's cousin Kara was finally going to be putting a cape on like Clark and she'd starting to rebuild her relationship with her sister Lucy because of that, but more importantly, she also remembered that in the old reality, she only had one infant son with Clark, Jonathan, but in this reality, she now had two teenage twin sons. She had mixed feelings about that, but the one comfort about that was that she still had the memories of her twin sons growing up.

Another change that she was very happy about was the fact that she was pregnant again, since now she had a chance to actually be the one to raise a child through all the experiences instead of just having the memories of it, since while she still loved both of her sons, having someone else's memories of raising them just wasn't the same thing as actually doing it.

But anyways, another positive change in this reality was her dad. Instead of being estranged from him due to his feelings about aliens, especially Superman, like she was in the old world, now he was very much in the picture, so much so that he actually knew Clark's secret and fully supported his actions as Superman, seeing him as the country and the world's best defense system, though that did sometimes make their relationship a bit strained, they worked through it, since he understood that Clark while Clark would always be Superman, he was also a husband and a father, something that Lois knew her own father had struggled to find a balance with while she was growing up in both realities, which had contributed the growing wedge between her and Lucy in this reality, which Lois knew that she'd need to address in some way, though she didn't know how yet.

Lois was pulled from her thoughts though when she pulled up to the Gazette and found Chrissy waiting for her.

"I know I'm late, but in my defense, right now my body is on someone else's clock." Lois said, since that wasn't a lie.

"Say no more, I've come to expect tardiness from you since you told me you were pregnant. And just to be clear, you did promise that Clark was going to jump in here to help me out once I'm finally able to force you to go on maternity leave right?" Chrissy asked Lois.

"Why do you think you're going to have to force me too?" Lois asked.

"Because both your dad and Clark warned me about how they basically had to force you to go on maternity leave when you were pregnant with the twins." Chrissy said and Lois rolled her eyes, though she couldn't deny it was true.

"I'm a dedicated journalist and sometimes that takes priority, especially when I'm on a story." Lois said, not at all apologetic about that.

"Which is why I really wish you'd waited to investigate Morgan Edge until after you'd given birth." Chrissy and Lois rolled her eyes at that.

"Considering the fact that my dad threatened to put one of his best teams on security detail to make sure I take it easy when my pregnancy gets to that point, I think I'll be taking it easy." Lois said.

"Would your dad really do that?" Chrissy asked and Lois chuckled.

"Are you kidding, he tried to assign protective details on Lucy and I when we discovered boys and I'm still convinced that he had snipers aimed at our dates every time he came to the house." Lois said and Chrissy chuckled before Lois noticed the apprehensive look on her face.

"What's up? You're clearly using this as an attempt to avoid telling me something, so what is it?" Lois asked.

"I've started seeing someone." Chrissy said.

"Okay, and why would you be apprehensive about telling me this?" Lois asked.

"Because it's someone that you're not a big fan of. Kyle Cushing." Chrissy said, much to Lois's surprise.

"Wow, I was not expecting that, but honestly Chrissy, it's been a year since he and Lana got divorced, so this is just between you and him." Lois said, since while she'd taken Lana Lang's side in that divorce, mainly because Kyle had cheated on Lana, enough time had passed that Lois wouldn't hold it against Kyle for trying to date again.

"You're sure you're okay with it?" Chrissy asked.

"Chrissy, I'm your friend, not your mom or your boss, so why does it matter what I think?" Lois asked.

"I just didn't want things to be weird or awkward around here." Chrissy said and Lois smiled.

"Don't worry, it won't." Lois promised her.

"Good, but now I have another thing to ask you." Chrissy said.

"What is it?" Lois asked.

"Kyle asked me not to tell Lana about this, but I'm not sure, I mean she is my friend." Chrissy said.

"Actually, I'm gonna take Kyle's side on that, since that's something that he needs to tell Lana, not you. Trust me, if you're the one who tells Lana, it will just make things more complicated for everyone, since it will make Kyle think you don't trust him and he and Lana literally just got back on friendly terms, finding out about this from you and not him will just make things worse and it will throw their girls into the middle of another fight. Trust me, it's better to let Kyle tell her, but until he does, I will keep this to myself, as long as you give me all the details while we work." Lois said and Chrissy laughed and nodded as they sat down to get to work.