Chapter 26

As Superman and Lex Luthor resumed their war with each other, the Daily Planet was already covering it, with one of Lois's pupil reporters covering it.

"This is Janet Jenson reporting live for the Daily Planet, where Superman is currently engaged in a battle with his ultimate archenemy, none other than the infamous Alexander "Lex" Luthor, who we are told escaped from Stryker's Island prison earlier this week. Fortunately, the government is already in the process of evacuating Metropolis as a precaution for this moment and it seems wisely so, since the area they are currently fighting in has been abandoned, so no civilians will risk being hurt. Details are still scarce about how Luthor escaped, but I think I speak for everyone not only here in Metropolis, but the world in general that Superman will once again be able to defeat this monster before he's able to do any real damage. Also, there is speculation about whether or not Supergirl or our city's new resident hero, the Green Lantern, may join to help." Janet said as she gestured to her cameraman to get live footage of Superman and Lex's battle, right as Superman threw Lex into a building.

"I see you haven't lost a step, even after you left Metropolis." Lex said with a grin under his helmet as he fired off a kryptonite blast, which Superman easily dodged.

"And I see you're still relying on the same old tricks." Superman said as he flew straight into Lex and flew him into the air.

"I still wish you hadn't forced me to do this Lex. We were friends once." Superman reminded him.

"That back when I was naive enough to think that any alien could be trusted. But aliens do not belong on this planet. And I will protect humanity from them. Starting by killing you." Lex said as fired off a kryptonite blast at point blank range and the force knocked them both apart and Lex was barely able to activate his suit's thrusters in time to prevent him from taking a very quick drop.

"Did you really think I wouldn't be prepared for this? I've made improvements since the last time we locked horns. Just never got a chance to test them until now." Lex said.

"How? You've been in prison for nearly a decade." Superman asked as Lex slugged him with more force than the Lexosuit usually packed.

"You're not the only one with friends on the outside." Lex said as he sent Superman flying back with another punch as Superman began to feel the effects of the kryptonite, which had clearly been enhanced somehow, since it was affecting him much faster than usual and he could feel himself starting to fall from the sky, though he forced himself to power through, since he could not allow himself to lose this fight.

However, as he tried to stop himself from falling, he noticed something flying towards him and at first he thought it was one of Lex's missiles and prepared to swat it away, but then he heard a familiar, yet robotic voice come from it.

"Kryptonian biosignature confirmed. Initiating anti kryptonite protocols." the robotic voice of Lena Luthor said as the drone flew down to him and attached itself over the S on his chest and began to expand into the same kind of anti kryptonite suit he'd seen Kara wear and he knew that Lena had built it.

"Thank you Lena." Superman said, thinking that Lex's sister had finally truly earned his blessing to date Kara, since before, he'd only agreed not to push it out of fear of what Kara and Lois would do to him if he didn't, but now he knew he could trust her with Kara's heart.

"You're welcome. Kara would be there herself, but Alex is a higher priority, so please hurry up and kick Lex's ass so you can get to National City already." Lena's voice said in the helmet and Superman chuckled.

"Will do. Please tell me this thing is scanning the new features on Lex's suit?" Superman asked.

"Of course it is. That's another reason I sent it to you. I want you to bring it to our new base so Brainy and I can go over the data to find out what he's been up to." Lena said.