Chapter 7

"So, how did you like the Fortress?" Clark asked Jonathan as they returned to the farm.

"It was awesome, though I could've gone without the hologram's attitude. Can't you reprogram it?" Jonathan asked, since his grandfather's hologram had been a jerk.

"Trust me, I've tried, but according to Kara, those kind of hologram crystals can't be reprogrammed since they actually contain a copy of the person's personality and mind. Can't alter that without wiping the crystal clean and I'm never going to do that." Clark said, since that was that hologram was as close as he'd ever get to having either of his birth parents around him.

"Fine. I guess I'll have to get used to him. But is there any chance of meeting your mom?" Jonathan asked and Clark sighed.

"Trust me son, I wish there was, but from what I can tell, they only had enough time to make a crystal of my dad's consciousness and put it in my pod." Clark said.

"What about Aunt Kara? Did she get a crystal?" Jonathan asked.

"She did, but her crystal didn't have a consciousness uploaded into it than a standard AI that takes the default form of her mom, but it can take other forms depending on the information she accesses, though she hasn't been able to pull up my mom's image in it yet." Clark explained.

"Got it. I'm gonna go tell Jordan what the hologram said." Jonathan said and Clark chuckled, right as he heard an ELT going off and Jonathan noticed the look on his father's face and he recognized.

"Is Grandpa calling you to the DOD?" Jonathan asked and Clark smiled.

"No, an old friend in Gotham. I need to go." Clark said as he shot off a quick text to Lois to let him know where he was going before flying off while Jonathan quickly realized who his dad was going to see and rushed inside to find Jordan playing video games in his room.

"Jordan, you are not going to believe this." Jonathan said.

"What, the fortress? I know it's great, but the thrill kind of dies the more times you go there." Jordan said, not looking away from his game.

"Not that. I mean I think dad is going to meet Batman." Jonathan said and that got Jordan's attention.

"What makes you think that?" Jordan asked.

"Because he just told me that he got an ELT signal from an old friend in Gotham and there's only person in that city I can think of that dad would give an ELT too. Batman." Jonathan said.

"Wait, you think dad knows who Batman is?" Jordan asked.

"I'm positive." Jonathan agreed.

"Maybe I should go after him and see if I can find out who it is." Jordan said.

"No, mom would kill you if you went to Gotham without permission. We can just ask her and dad when they get back." Jonathan said and Jordan nodded, knowing that his brother was right.

When Clark arrived in Gotham, he was surprised to find he wasn't the only old friend Bruce had called to Gotham.

"Well, well, Diana Prince, it's been a long time." Clark said as he hugged the Amazon.

"I know, I've been the worst about keeping in touch, but it isn't easy from Themyscira." Diana said and Clark chuckled.

"To be fair Diana, Clark's just as bad about keeping in touch and he isn't isolated from the rest of the world." Bruce Wayne said he entered his own office at Wayne Enterprises.

"Why did you ask us to come here Bruce? It's not like you to call for help, especially since based on what I saw and heard in Gotham, there's no need for it." Clark said.