Chapter 33

"What's going on? I thought we abandoned this facility after that attack from Mercy and Morgan Edge." Lillian said as she and Otis returned to the remains of an old Cadmus base.

"Apologies ma'am, but I think you'll find this worth noting. We were going through the wreckage like you ordered us to in order to see if there was anything in here that could be salvaged and we found something." the leader of the salvage team said.

"Show us." Lillian said as the agent led to a huge crater in the floor that revealed a lab hidden underneath the already hidden base.

"I didn't know that there was a secret lab down there." Otis said.

"Only Lex and myself knew about it, since it's where we stored what we considered to be failed experiments." Lillian said.

"Well, one of those experiments escaped, but we don't know what it was, since it just escaped in a fast blur before we even knew what happened." the agent said.

"Let's see what it was that got out, though I hope it's not what I think it was." Lillian said, after examining the damage caused by this loose experiment, she knew there was a good chance that there was only one thing it could be.

"What kind of experiments did you keep down here?" Otis asked Lillian as they entered the lab.

"Experiments that Lex personally oversaw and, had they been successful, would've assured our victory. However, they proved to either be unsuccessful or uncontrollable, so they were stored here until we could find a way to either dispose of them or perfect them." Lillian said as she walked over to the cryo pods and saw that her suspicions were correct.

"This is bad." Lillian said.

"Why, what was in that tube?" Otis asked.

"Project 13. What should've been our most promising weapon against Superman that we put on ice after Lex lost control of it." Lillian said.

"So what was it though?" Otis asked.

"A mistake. And if we don't find it soon, it will be the thing that brings us all down." Lillian said.

At the same time as this, Lucy Lane was currently walking through the streets of Metropolis on her first date since Trish had died and she was out with none other than her colleague at the DOD, Chloe Sullivan, who'd actually been the one to ask her out yesterday when they'd both been leaving the DOD and while Lucy had been concerned about any regulations that might violate, her father had assured her that there weren't any and even if they were, he'd cover for her, since he hadn't seen her this happy in years.

"This was really fun Lucy." Chloe said and Lucy smiled.

"Yeah, it was. I have to admit, I didn't think I could do this again after what happened with Trish, but it's nice to know that I was wrong." Lucy said.

"Nice to know. Especially since I think we both know that this is not a one time thing." Chloe said.

"No, it is not." Lucy agreed as they moved in to kiss, only to stop when they heard a loud crashing sound come from a nearby alley.

"Damn it. I guess work never truly ends." Lucy said as she pulled out her gun before she rushed towards the alley to see a young man lying in the middle of a crater in the alley.

"Who is that?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know, but considering all the signs around him, I think it's pretty clear that he's an enhanced individual." Lucy said as she pulled out her phone.

"Dad, it's Lucy, I need you to get a DOD strike team to my location now to collect an unknown powered individual." Lucy said to her father.

"I'll send Clark to pick him up. How dangerous is this person?" Sam asked.

"Not sure, since he's currently passed out naked in an alley after crashing. I think it's more likely he's some kind of escaped lab experiment." Lucy said.

"All the more reason to get him here quickly." Sam said.

"Copy that." Lucy said as she hung up and moved to secure the boy before he came too, right as Superman arrived.

"That was fast." Lucy said to her brother-in-law.

"When Sam called, I knew this needed to be dealt with quickly. I'll get him to the DOD and then we'll go from there." Superman said and Lucy nodded.

"Chloe and I will meet you there." Lucy said.

"No, your dad gave orders that you two are to finish your date and your sister would kill me if I didn't follow that order." Superman said and Lucy chuckled, since she knew better than most how true that was.

"In that case, see you later." Lucy said, not complaining too hard about being able to finish her date properly while letting her dad and Superman deal with whatever this is as Superman picked the young man up and flew him out of there.