Chapter 18

The next day Lucy accompanied Clark, Lois, Jonathan and Jordan to the Smallville County Fair, since her sister had practically dragged her out of the house, saying that she shouldn't spend her life mourning Trish in the farmhouse basement. She should still try to live her life and Lucy knew that Trish wouldn't want her to live her life mourning her, however, she did make Lois promise her that she wouldn't try to set her up with any women they met at the fair, since Lucy wasn't ready to get back out there yet and Lois understood and respected that choice, so she'd promised that she would not try to set Lucy up with anyone, though she did want Lucy to at least try to set down some roots in Smallville and make some friends, since they didn't know how long Lucy would be staying with them or in Smallville, though Lucy had already promised that she would be staying in Smallville at least until after the baby was born, though she would be finding her own place once she started making real money from the job her dad had promised her at the DOD.

Anyways, Lucy smiled as she watched the boys rush off to hang out with their friends, but at the same time, she felt a bit envious of her sister, since Lois had everything she wanted in her life. A partner she loved more than anything, two great children with another one on the way and a great career she loved. Right now Lucy only had the start of one of those and she wasn't sure if she'd ever get it all.

Lois noticed the look on her sister's face, so she decided to pull her aside while Clark took the boys on ahead.

"You okay?" Lois asked her.

"I don't know Lois. I'm not sure if me coming here was a good idea." Lucy said.

"Lucy, you can't spend your life living in a basement. Besides, I saw the look on your face. What's going on?" Lois asked.

"Honestly, I'm jealous of your life. It seems perfect." Lucy said.

"Yeah, being pregnant is great. Mood swings, morning sickness and not being able to drink alcohol, it's a blast." Lois said sarcastically and Lucy chuckled.

"You know what I mean. I mean you have this perfect life with a great job, wonderful kids and a partner who worships the ground you walk on. I feel like Ally kind of robbed me of that when she killed Trish." Lucy said and Lois sighed as she placed her hand on her sister's shoulder.

"Lucy, I promise, someday you will find love again. I don't know how or when, but you will." Lois said.

"I hope so, Lois." Lucy said since she wanted the life Lois had.

"In the meantime, I might have something that'll help you feel better." Lois said.

"You didn't try and set me up with someone did you?" Lucy asked.

"No. I promised you I wouldn't and I know it's too soon for you to even think about dating again." Lois assured her.

"Then what is it?" Lucy asked.

"Clark and I talked about it last night and we decided that we want you to be our daughter's godmother, since dad can handle the boys if something should happen to Clark and I, but he has no idea about how to raise a baby, let alone a girl." Lois said.

"Lois, are you sure?" Lucy asked, since she would've thought that they'd pick Clark's cousin Kara instead of her.

"Yes, we're sure. But anyways, now can we try to enjoy our day here at the fair?" Lois asked and Lucy smiled and nodded as she let her sister lead her to the fair.