Chapter 27

Now that things had settled down and Sarah was starting to master her newfound Kryptonian powers and Lana had properly adjusted to having hers back, she decided that now was the time to confront Kyle about what had happened at the fair.

Which was why she was currently at the door of his apartment.

"Lana." Kyle said, surprised to see her, even though he knew this was coming, though he did try to close the door, though Lana decided to have a little fun with him by using her strength to keep the door open.

"You know I'm not leaving until we about what happened." Lana said.

"I know." Kyle said as he relented and let her in.

"And here I thought you might be hiding Chrissy in here." Lana said.

"No. She and I agreed to put that off until after we talked." Kyle said as he was able to close the door and decided it must have just jammed on something.

"Good. But I do have to ask why you decided to take Chrissy to the fair before you told me?" Lana asked.

"It wasn't intentional. I was planning on telling you about that at the fair, but things didn't go quite according to plan." Kyle said.

"And you made Sarah keep it a secret from me?" Lana asked.

"The only reason she knew is because she forgot how to knock when she came over here a few weeks ago. It wasn't her place to tell you, though I do feel bad for making her keep this secret. Especially since I know that you wouldn't keep a secret like that from me." Kyle said and Lana felt some of her anger at Kyle vanish, since she was making Sarah keep an even bigger secret from him. It had been one thing when it had just been her secret, but now that Sarah was keeping it too, she couldn't help but feel a bit guilty now.

"Kyle, I'm more than happy that you found someone else. After all, we got divorced over a year ago. You're allowed to move on. But I am still mad that you didn't tell me, since you had to know that I would find out, since this is a small town after all." Lana said.

"I know and first I wanted to see where things go and then when it started getting serious, I was going to sit you all down and tell you at once, but Sarah walking in kind of ruined that plan." Kyle said.

"Fair enough. But Kyle, are you happy with her?" Lana asked.

"Yeah, I am. But it's still pretty early on." Kyle said and Lana smiled.

"Just be sure. I don't want you to ruin another relationship by making the same mistakes we both made in our marriage." Lana said and Kyle nodded.

"I will. But, how is Sarah doing? I haven't seen her since the incident." Kyle said.

"She's better. Aubrey has been very helpful. I'm glad that Sarah had her during this whole thing." Lana said.

"And you trust them?" Kyle asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I left Sophie there so that she can keep tabs on them. And so they can watch her." Lana said and Kyle chuckled.

"Well played. But how serious do you think she and Aubrey are?" Kyle asked.

"I think that we better get used to her, because I have not seen Sarah this happy in a long time." Lana said and Kyle smiled.

"Well, when she's calmed down, tell her I'd like her to bring Aubrey over here so I can get to know her a little better." Kyle said.

"I will pass along your message." Lana said with a smile.

"Hey Lana, what about you?" Kyle asked.

"What?" Lana asked.

"You said it's okay for me to start dating again, but what about you? Because you don't need my permission to start dating again, nor do I have any right to insist on giving it." Kyle asked her.

"I guess I've been so busy lately, I haven't really thought about it." Lana said.

"I get that you have a lot on your plate right now Lana, but I do think that you should consider opening your heart to someone again. Someone who won't make the same mistakes I did." Kyle said.

"I can't help but wonder if maybe you cheated because of me." Lana said.

"No, Lana, never think that. I think we both know that our marriage was never as solid as it should've been. But what I did had nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact that I am an idiot. Any guy would be lucky to have you in his life. I know that and I know if Clark were here, he'd say the same thing." Kyle said.

"I don't know." Lana said, since part of the reason why their marriage had ended was because of the stress of keeping her secret from Kyle. And now that she had her powers back and Sarah was coming into her own powers, any guy she did try to be with would eventually need to know. She just wasn't sure if she could open up like that to someone, she was still amazed that Clark had to Lois.

"I'll think about it. But now I need to go." Lana said and Kyle nodded.

"It was really nice talking to you Lana. And I hope you take my advice and start putting yourself out there again. You deserve to be happy." Kyle said and Lana nodded at him gratefully as she walked out of his apartment.