Chapter 10

When Clark returned to the site of the ship's crash, he found Kara waiting for him.

"Wow, I was literally about to call you." Clark said as he hugged his cousin.

"You really think the DEO wouldn't detect a ship crashing out here? What happened?" Kara asked her cousin.

"I think this earth just got its first visitor from another universe." Clark said as he explained everything to her.

"Yeah, I think you might be right. But he was only after you?" Kara asked.

"To be fair, you haven't revealed yourself to the world yet. When are you going to do that?" Clark asked her.

"Soon. I'm just waiting for the right situation to present itself in National City." Kara assured him.

"Good, because if there's one thing I've learned since you became active is that sometimes the world needs Supergirl more than Superman." Clark said.

"At least now you know how to beat Reactron. Why did you never think to just remove his power core in the first place?" Kara asked.

"I just didn't think about it." Clark said.

"Yeah, because you're so intent on being a one man team. Did it ever occur to you that maybe having a team back you up isn't the worst idea?" Kara asked him, rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, we don't know why this guy attacked me, but I'm hoping that this ship's data core might, but Sam and I don't want to hand it over to the DOD, so I was hoping that Brainy could take a look." Clark said.

"How weird is it that General Lane is not a xenophobic control freak in this reality who actually knows your and I'm assuming my identities?" Kara asked.

"Trust me, it's weird, but it's nice that Lois isn't estranged from her father anymore. Now if we could just get Lucy to talk to her family again, that would be perfect." Clark said.

"What's going on with Lucy?" Kara asked as Clark brought her up to speed.

"Wow, sounds like when we rebooted the universe, Lucy kind of got screwed over." Kara said.

"That's not your fault or Lucy's. It's that parasite Ally Allston." Clark said.

"We'll expose Ally eventually, but for now, let's get back on track." Kara said and Clark nodded as they walked into the ship, only to be immediately scanned.

"Well, this probably isn't good." Clark said, thinking that the moment the ship's scanners identified him as Superman, they'd be attacked.

However, instead, a green light went off and they heard an AI woman's voice.

"Identity confirmed. Kara Zor-El. Access granted." the AI said.

"How do you have access?" Clark asked his cousin, who shrugged.

"How am I supposed to know? I guess I was close to this person on their world. But we might as well make the most of it." Kara said and Clark nodded as they headed over to the computers.

"Can I help you in your search Ms. Zor-El?" the Ai asked.

"You can start by telling me who was driving this ship when it crashed." Kara said.

"That would be your husband, John Henry Irons." the AI answered, though they could've sworn it sounded confused about why she'd be asking that.

"Wait, did that thing just say that my attacker was your husband in another world?" Clark asked.

"You act like I'm supposed to know anything about that. Though I don't know why any version of me would want to be with someone who tried to kill you." Kara said, wondering what was going on.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" the AI asked.

"Tell me why my husband would want to kill my cousin?" Kara asked.

"To save the world and your life from the tyranny of Superman." the AI said.

"Okay, this is getting even more confusing by the second. See if you can get this thing to decrypt and eject its data core." Clark said and Kara nodded.

"I need you to transfer all data about Superman to a portable storage drive." Kara said, since it was clear that the AI did not realize that she was not the Kara Zor-El of its earth and right now, Kara was not going to try and correct that, since right now, they had access to the ship.

"Of course. Would you also like me to include files regarding your family." the AI asked.

"Put that on a separate drive." Kara said.

"Right away." the AI said as two storage drives popped out of the computers.

"Hopefully this information will be enough for the DOD to get some answers. And tell them that we have an id on this person, but let's keep this guy being my husband in another reality between us. I do not need to hear it from Alex." Kara said and Clark nodded in agreement.

"I'll also let Sam know that the DEO is aware of the situation and I'm assuming they'll be on standby if need be." Clark said and Kara nodded.

"You should also reach out to our friends in Central City, since parallel worlds are kind of their specialty." Kara said and Clark nodded, since she was right about that.

"I'll let Sam know he should consider bringing Mercury Labs to consult on this situation." Clark said and Kara nodded.

"I'll see you soon Clark." Kara said and Clark nodded as they hugged before going their separate ways.