MR MAYBANK

"So you can contact me by this number if you want to discuss this matter further." The stranger passed John B a card with a phone number and email address printed on the bottom.

"MR GEORGE TANNER." Pope read out from John Bs hand.

"I'm assuming that is you?" Pope asked.

"Indeed." The man nodded.

"Well, I'm Pope." He held out his hand and Mr Tanner shook it, almost honoured.

"Oh I'm well aware of who you are Mr Heyward. The distant relative of the fugitive slave turned free man, Denmark Tanny. Fascinating, isn't it? You didn't even know you were related to such an interesting figurehead all those years." Mr Tanner continued.

"Yes. I only found out who Denmark even was weeks before I found out he was my ancestor." Pope explained.

"Anyway, this is John B,"

"Hi." John B smiled awkwardly as he shook Mr Tanners hand.

"Sarah," Pope gestured.

"Hello." She smiled, also shaking his hand.

"Kiara and Cleo." The girls greeted him.

"And," Pope went to say but was cut off by his friend.

"JJ." JJ answered for himself, reaching out his hand.

Oddly, the man hesitated but then reached out and shook JJs hand, firmly.

JJ eyed the mans ring suspiciously.

"Nice ring, George." JJ held onto his hand and pulled it closer to inspect.

Engraved in the round flat gold face of the ring, was a strange symbol that JJ recognised but he didnt know where from.

"JJ." Kiara warned him.

"Sorry. I'm a jewellery man." JJ explained, quickly, smiling a closed mouth smile.

He let go of his hand.

"No that's quite alright. I've heard a lot about you." Mr George Tanner replied.

"All bad I hope." JJ raised his eyebrows and grinned whilst making the snarky remark.

Cleo hit him softly against his ribcage.

Mr George Tanner laughed.

"Ahh, well Mr Maybank. Thats something youll have to wander about." Mr Tanner joked.

JJ narrowed his eyes and frowned in confusion as he realised he never told the strange man his last name. And neither did Pope.

Whilst Mr Tanner explained the mystery of Blackbeards treasure, JJ got the strange feeling that he was being watched, like eyes burning into the back of his head. After a moment, he turned his head around quickly as if to catch someone stood behind him. However, when he turned, there was no one there.

His bright blue eyes scanned around. When he turned his head to the right, he noticed someone wearing in a grey vest and beige coloured trousers go behind a building around a corner. He felt obligated to go and investigate who the person was. He bit his lip with indecision.

"Hey guys I'll be right back." JJ told the group and Mr Tanner.

"Make sure you come back soon Mr Maybank." Mr Tanner smiled almost sarcastically.

"Are you good?" Kiara whispered as he went to walk past her.

"Yeah, Im good. You good?" JJ asked, genuinely.

"Yeah, but where are you going?" Kie replied, sweetly concerned.

"Don't worry about it, girl." JJ winked, secretive.

He began to stroll away, leaving her stood in confusion.

"Hey." Kiara called out.

John B and Sarah looked over.

"Don't be long." Kiara told him sternly.

"Yes ma'am." JJ saluted as if he was in the military, and then pulled out a cigarette from his pocket.

He lit it with his lighter inscripted with a JJ on the front.

He pulled in a deep breath, his lips around the edge of the small paper. He breathed out a cloud of smoke. He caught eyes of Heyward glaring at him with the you really shouldn't be smoking look he always gives him when he blazes up in the presence of him.

JJ smiled awkwardly and then turned the other way, hiding his cigarette even though it was no use now.

He continued walking in the direction of the grey vested man when the man reappeared from around the corner. JJ froze in his tracks. About 7 meters away from JJs very feet, was his father wearing the grubby, stained grey vest. Neither said anything. JJ just stared at him with confusion, shock and a little bit of fear.

Luke nodded his head in the direction behind the building. JJ hesitated after Luke disappeared around the corner. He bit his lip again, questioning what to do. He looked around him, wandering if anyone was watching. He looked back to the spot his father had just stood in and then followed him around the corner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys a little TW for the next chapter I think you can maybe guess what's gonna happen but don't worry its not too bad its mostly arguing but you know how Luke gets.. anyway hope you're enjoying so far :)