APOLOGIES, APOLOGIES

He walked far enough that no one would see them and then Luke stopped and turned to his son, standing there frowning.

"Hey, son." Luke smiled.

"Dad what-what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Yucatan." JJ asked, curious as to why he was here.

"I got into a bit of trouble in Yucatan so I had to dip. Thought I'd come see you." Luke explained, but it was clearly not enough for JJ to understand.

"Come and see me?" JJ questioned further.

"Yeah, uh...Heyward called me a while back. Told me you were missing. You know he hates me but he thought I had the right to know. He also let me know you were back. You were gone for a whole month, J." Luke responded.

JJ dropped his head to the floor and then threw his cigarette next to his foot and crushed it. He stared back in the eyes of his father.

"Yeah. I was. It was right after I helped you get to Yucatan." JJ reminded him as if his dad owed him, which he did.

"Where the hell were you? What happened?" Luke asked as if JJ had done something wrong.

"I was a stowaway on the Coastal Venture, dad. We had to sneak on to find Sarah and get Popes cross. Little did I know that the captain of the ship would knock me overboard with a machete and I would be drowning in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Luckily, Kiara jumped in and got me. Then me, John B, Pope, Kiara, Sarah and Cleo all escaped on a lifeboat, and we got stranded in the middle of the Caribbean." JJ breathed for a minute.

"Then, a random dude named Jimmy took us off the island in his crappy little plane and it crashed on a beach in Barbados and then this crazy rich ass guy kidnapped Kiara. Anyway, long story short we found the lost city of gold El Dorado and we all almost died a million times but we survived altogether. So yeah. Thats what has happened whilst you were gone, dad." JJ sighed in relief as hed angrily rambled on enthusiastically about everything that he missed.

JJ perched on a little stone wall that had started being built and then obviously abandoned. He put his hands through his hair.

Luke inhaled a big breath of air and then exhaled with force.

"Wow. Some story, kid. Sounds like y'all have been through hell n' back." Luke oddly sympathised with his son for once.

"Yeah. We have." JJ agreed.

"Well, I'd love to sit and chit chat but I got to cut to the chase here." Luke changed the subject.

JJ frowned in disbelief that his father had barely anything else to say. Not even a sorry.

"Listen, J." Luke walked over as JJ stood up.

He placed his hands on the shoulders of his son, gently.

JJ flinched slightly but then relaxed his shoulders.

"I'm in real need of some financial help. I got wind that you are like getting your own house tonight or something due to this whole ceremony and ownership money gain thing so, do you have any to spare?" Luke asked.

"Are you serious?" JJ rolled his eyes.

"Just a couple grand. Thats all I need, JJ. Come on. Im your father." Luke guilt tripped him.

"A couple grand? Really?" JJ laughed as if a couple grand meant a few dollars.

"I'm your father! Are you really gonna do that to your own blood?" Luke yelled, gripping on harder to his shoulders.

"My father? You know what fathers do? They don't leave their kids to come home to an evicted house after a month of being missing! How could you just leave? I HAD NO ONE! NO ONE! NO PLACE TO STAY! I HAD NO FAMILY! How do you think that's okay? You have never been my father!" JJ shoved him away, releasing himself from his grip.