CHAPTER 6

They finally stopped at a little cabin made of wood. Whoever made this got really creative with their ideas because Dawn didn't notice it from even a wingspan away. It was covered in green vines and flowers, which blended with the forest pretty well.

"Stay here," Cicada whispered. "And keep on the lookout. A good friend in this cabin can help us out. He has trust issues, but he's really nice once you get to meet him."

Cacti was fully awake and off of Bone's back at that point. She was putting one wing around Dawn and the other around Allgazer, holding them close and looking around for other dragons nearby, friendly or dangerous.

Cicada made her way inside of the cabin, peeking her head out right after, double-checking to see if they were safe, and then slid her head in to talk to her friend.

Dawn could hear talking, but she didn't bother to listen.

"Thanks for the food, Cacti," Allgazer said with a mouthful, smiling and looking up at the brownish dragon. "You're a really good cook."

As Dawn thought before, she wouldn't let anyone deny that Cacti was good. She knew that her friends would enjoy her cooking like she does.

"Why, thank you!" Cacti beamed. "You're so sweet."

Allgazer gulped down her food, and her smile spread wider. Just the sight of this made Dawn smile a little, too.

"Okay, he agreed to help," Cicada said suddenly, coming out of the cabin with a few resources. "Guys, I want you to meet Aspen."

A light-dark green LeafWing dragonet peeked his head out of the cabin door, his orange-yellow eyes scanning. His slightly yellow snout wrinkled as he looked at them. His face was slightly filled with confusion.

"I'm not familiar with these dragons," said Aspen cautiously. "I don't think I should let them in...."

"It's okay! Aspen, trust me, they're friends," Cicada said.

Aspen let his full body come into view. He tapped his talons together. "But," he started. "I can't risk any more betrayals..."

"They won't." Cicada rolled her eyes. "They've been with me all this time to come here, and they haven't tried anything. Plus," she went on. "we got attacked by two bad dragons, and we saved each other."

Aspen paused like he was trying to figure out what in the moons she just said.

"Okayyyy..." he mumbled. "But..." His tail swayed forward, and Dawn spotted a talon-made tip at the end. It was of pure metal, and the weirdest part was, it was sharp. This dragon had pure talent. "If they do anything, I have permission to stab them."

"Alright, alright," Cicada declared. "You have permission."

"Eek," Dawn slightly squeaked. "That got dark quick."

"Anywho," Aspen said in a little more trustworthy tone. "I'm Aspen, and, uhm... all of... you?"

Dawn lifted her neck to look at him. He was about eight inches taller than she was.

"Dawn," she said.

"Allgazer. Nice to meet you."

Bone snarled. "Bone."

"Cacti. Bone, BE NICE."

Aspen smiled and chuckled a little.

"Dear?" A sudden voice asked as a light green snout poked out of the trees.

Bone immediately hissed and leaped in front of them, lifting his barbed tail over his head. The dragon staggered back, with her hand on her chest, yelping.

Dawn knew Bone was getting ready to kill the dragon, even though the dragon hadn't done anything but to speak to Aspen.

And then, out of the blue, a large, dark LeafWing with a crown on his head crashed down in front of Bone. He was even larger than Sphinx, which made him twice the size of him. And Bone was pretty large for a SandWing.

The large LeafWing stared at Bone, right into his black eyes.

And with a crackily, scary voice...

"Sonnnnn... what have you brought home?...."