CHAPTER 9

"You don't mean," Bone stopped as Aspen went to go grab bandages for his mother. He sounded absolutely horrified for how big and scary he was. "The Plaguefinder?"

"Unfortunately," said Allgazer. "I have a few of my mothers colors, but most of my dark colors come from him." She pointed to her dark purple muzzle. "I got this from him." And then she pointed to her scales. "And this. He has pale dark blue, but I got most of it from him."

"I never knew." Cicada raised her voice. "You should have told me!"

"Sorry," Allgazer mumbled. "I planned to tell you before we got dragonet-napped by the King of the LeafWings."

"HEY!" Cicada yelled. She sounded a bit serious. "It wasn't MY FAULT that we got dragonet-napped!"

"I wasn't saying it was!" Allgazer yelled back. "Right now, I'm slightly blaming this on myself. But you were the one that wanted to come back."

Cicada put her head on the ground and curled up into a ball. Her tail went over her snout, and she closed her eyes, accepting defeat.

"Okay..." Allgazer mumbled. She lay down with her head rested on her paws. She also closed her eyes.

Dawn looked around after that occurence. Little bugs crawled on the grassy walls.

A long, light green snout poked out of the dark beyond the slope. Her orange eyes peeked around, before she walked inside. It was clear to tell that she was slightly still crying.

"Hello," she said softly. "I'm terribly sorry that he's doing this to you. I wish I could help, but he has the key to all of your cells."

"Mother," said Aspen. He slowly emerged from the slope as well. "Don't be sorry. It's his fault."

"I know. I wish them luck on leaving or escaping, anyway..." Mimosa said quietly.

"Thanks," Dawn said. She was trying to be nice to her, anyway. She saw her eyes light up a little with hope. But, after wishing them luck, Mimosa went up the slope again, and Aspen went back to guarding their cells.

Silence occured after a second. But she could hear birds chirping outside. The insects crawled into her cell and up her leg, which slightly made her shiver. She could smell the forest coming in through the enterance to the cell room, and the rustling leaves brushed against the outer walls.

But, over the beautiful sounds, she could hear dragons dying outside. Roaring, screaming, blood splatters. It was all at once.

And then a crash as a huge dragon entered.