CHAPTER 10

A dragon the size of five adult dragons had busted into the grassy prison. Dawn had never seen a dragon so huge. Dragontrap, she estimated, was only three and a half dragons big. And Sphinx was two. Bone was one and a half.

Holy moons, she thought as the dragon ripped through the gateway with her talons. The dragon was almost an eerie black at the top of her head that faded into a dark yellow. The stripes on her back looked exactly like Cicada's. She wrinkled her snout.

Dawn never noticed, but the large dragon had thrown Dragontrap on the ground as she entered. He was bleeding badly, and the dragon had snatched his keys from him. Her talons clutched onto the keys harshly.

"Listen here, Mr. Leafy," she snarled. Dawn shivered at her voice. Her voice was crackily and deep. "While I take these tribes, you shall notify me when a tresspasser has entered your kingdom. Why haven't you told me from the start?"

" 'Listen here,' QUEEN BEE," Dragontrap snapped back, mocking her. He then, by the look on his face, realized that that was a huge mistake. The large dragon snatched his neck, choking him as he brought his arms up and clawed at her talons. Dawn could feel the dragons heavy, angry breath scatter around the room.

"Number one:" said the large dragon. "Do not call me QUEEN BEE. I'll snap your neck within seconds if I hear those words again. Number two:" she continued, "you will leave and let me take these dragonets. Do you hear me?"

"Bossy, much," mumbled Dragontrap. "Fine." He raised his voice so that she could hear him. "You can have them. Let me go, now."

The dragons talons let go. Dragontrap wiggled out from under her and scrambled up on his feet. He snarled, and Dawn could see imaginary smoke rising out of his nostrils.

"NO!" Cicada hissed. Dawn turned her head to her, as she writhed around in her cage, spitting venom at every vine and leaf she could hit. "I WON'T LET YOU! TAKE ME! TAKE ME!" she begged. "LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

The dragon chuckled as Dragontrap hurried up the slope to get away.

"It's okay."

It was like she was an entirely different dragon. Dawn got very confused. Her voice was soft and calming. She watched as the dragon walked over to the little pool at one curved side of the prison. She dipped her head in.

She swung her head up and out of the water. Not only then did Dawn realize that the dragon had put charcoal on her face to make her look scary. The charcoal dripped off of her face as she shook herself off. She then recovered her balance and made her way toward the cells. She sat down in front of them and introduced herself.

"I'm Junix. I'm here to help."