Love Is Blind

Fluff

Blind!Shoto x Hanta

Soulmate AU

Plot: Shoto, a blind UA student, falls in love with Hanta without seeing him

Warnings: Mentions of a toxic relationship

~<3~

Soulmates.

Soulmates are two people who are meant for each other and are destined to be together.

In this world, soulmates are very real and a VERY big deal. You can't physically tell if someone is your soulmate. It's not like your connected by a string or have a mark on your cheek like some of the other stories. You have to mentally tell if someone is your soulmate.

Some people said you will feel an immediate connection with your soulmate, you'll click almost instantly. Some said you'll feel very happy with them and will be deeply in love with them. And others said you'll be your best self with them. But everyone describes it differently.

There're not many rules but there is one BIG rule. You can't kiss anyone besides your soulmate. The only expectations are family, since most familys kiss each other on the cheek and such. But, besides family, you can't kiss anyone that isn't your soulmate.

If you break this rule, there is major punishment. The punishment can be a couple different things but all contain your five senses. The worst punishments are you can lose your eyesight, hearing, or go mute. The more mild is losing your sense of smell or touch.

Unfortunately, this happens a lot since you can't tell if someone's your soulmate until after you kiss them. But, your sense can come back if you kiss your soulmate. But if you kiss the wrong person either that sense will be gone forever or you will lose another one. It's a fifty-fifty.

But, some people take this to their advantage. After you kiss your soulmate, your aloud to kiss other people and date others. People can just kiss there soulmate when they get their senses taken, getting them back immediately.

A lot of mean and "evil" people use this to there advantage. They make other people lose their senses and then get theirs back and leavs the other person disabled. This is what happened to a boy named Shoto Todoroki in middle school.

Shoto was smart and strong. His father had been training him to be a hero and get into UA high, the best hero training school. But it all fell apart one day. Shoto had a boyfriend named Kato, who was the popular boy in school.

On the outside, Kato and Shoto were the perfect couple but their relationship was kinda toxic. Kato was constantly being rude to Shoto and yelling at him, bossing him around and such. Shoto didn't care though, he just wanted to be loved and was sure this was how relationships normally were.

Plus, Shoto was sure him and Kato where soulmates. Shoto felt so happy around Kato.

One day, Kato went up to Shoto during school and kissed him. Shoto was in shock but kissed back because he was sure they were soulmates. But he was wrong. When the kiss was over, Shoto opened his eyes but all he could see was blackness. He blinked a few times but it was still black.

Suddenly it hit him,

He had gone blind.

Kato wasn't his soulmate, it was a trick. Kato had lost his hearing but had found his soulmate the other day and kissed them so he could regain his hearing again. But Shoto didn't know his soulmate, so he couldn't kiss anyone. He would be stuck blind until he found his soulmate.