sun and shadow part 2

A few months later

y/n pov

you breath is shallow and you use the last of your energy to crawl forward. You were almost over the boarder of the night court, the farthest place from the autumn court. But as the night falls, you are not so sure about your choices anymore. You should have just gone to the human lands, not the most feared court of all. cauldron you were stupid. Well no time to turn around now. If you could even make it to the night court without dying. Because you were hanging on by a threat, after you were attacked in the wood. Your side was cut open and if you didn't find anyone withing a few minutes, seconds even you were gonna die. You crawl and crawl pushing yourself to the edge. "help" you want to scream but it comes out as a whisper. You didn't see anyone, so this was it. You roll on your back, looking at the sky, at least here the sky was the most beautiful at night, you think before you close your eyes.

Eris' pov

You walk thru the woods alone, you did that a lot after y/n left. You still couldn't believe she was capable of something like that. You feel a presents watching you and you turn around. "I know you're here, at least have the balls to face me shadowsinger" you say, watching Azriel come out behind the bushes. "hello Eris, you look like shit" he says. "hello to you too" you tell him as you lean against the big tree next to you. "what's up your ass this afternoon?" he asks you "did she say no?". "she left" you tell Azriel "with half of my mother dowry". "oh well, you always had something for the feisty once, didn't you" he says jokingly. "just shut up Az. Ask me what you want to know and leave" you tell him strictly. "well, no friendly talk I see" Azriel says. "I'm not in the mood " you tell him. Azriel steps closer until he stands inches before you towering over you, you always hated that he was just a little taller than you. 

"you know I'm actually glad she ran" Azriel says, looking straight at you with his hazel eyes

"you know I'm actually glad she ran" Azriel says, looking straight at you with his hazel eyes. "and why is that shadowsinger?" you say, trying to act like you aren't intimidated by him. if it really came to it, he could probably beat you, especially now that he overcome his fear of fire. "because" Azriel says moving even closer "now I can do this without feeling guilty". His lips touch yours and god you never knew you wanted this. This was the perfect way to forget about y/n. your hands finds his waist to pull him even closer to you, deepening the kiss. "hmm" you moan into his mouth, feeling Azriel smile against your lips.

"I should probably go" Azriel says as he let's go of you, a little out of breath because of the kiss. "az" you yell behind him. "don't worry this is our secret" he says, knowing exactly what you were gonna say.

Azriel's pov

You can't believe what you just done, god this is gonna make things so much more complicated. And yet you already can't stop thinking about the next time you'll see Eris. To be honest you were a little confused at what you've done. Because it wasn't that you wanted Eris for yourself. No, you were fine with him just being there to take your mind off of things, but a relationship with him, that could and would never happen.