sun and shadow part 3

You wake up the next morning to find the bed empty. You look over to the couch but Azriel wasn't here anymore. You look down at your wound, which now magically disappeared. You think back at last night. You actually couldn't believe you did that. You kissed another man. Fuck. Your mind immediately goes to Eris, you couldn't do this. But yet that feeling in your stomach doesn't lie. Azriel is your mate, and it just felt so right last night. You didn't do anything other than kiss and Azriel also slept on the couch, because after all you just knew each other for a day. You get out of bed and walk downstairs feeling good for the first time in days, no weeks, no months.

As you come downstairs you see Rhysand and the other man with wings sit at the table. "good morning, had fun with Az last night?" he says grinning at you. "already teasing the new girl Cass" Rhysand says. "hey any girl that can make Az look like he did this morning, is a friend of mine" the man with wings says. "who are you?" you ask the man. "Cassian, or Cass" he says smiling friendly at you. "well good morning to you too Cassian" you tell him smiling, before you sit down at the table and start eating breakfast. "so how are you feeling?" Rhysand asked you. "good, my wound is fully healed, didn't know magic could do that". "really, where you from then?" Cassian asked. "autumn court .... I think" you tell him. "oh shit, wait you think?" he asked confused. "well my parents left me at the autumn court boarder to let me to rot" you tell them "anyway where everyone?". "back to the real questions I see" Rhysand says grinning now too, the same way Cassian did a few seconds ago. "Azriel went to the autumn court" Rhysand tells you "and in case you really meant everyone, and not just Az. Feyre is paining at her studio". "what is he doing in the autumn court?" you ask them. "just seeing if anything changes in their behavior towards us, or any other court for that matter" Rhysand explain. "ah good thinking, Baron changes his fucking mind every fucking second. The man is pure chaos". "really?" they asked you surprised. "yes, he looks like he has everything under control but he doesn't" you tell them. "how do you know Baron? where you a worker in the autumn court?" Rhysand asked you, sounding interested now. "cauldron no I wasn't a worker there" you tell them, almost a bit offended they would think that of you. "then how do you know?" Rhysand asked.

"because" you sigh, thinking of Eris "because I was his sons girlfriend and apparently Baron didn't like a bastard for his son, so he banished me. told me the people of the autumn court already hated me now. And that they would hate me even more when I became the wife of the new high lord" you tell them looking down at the table. "wait you dated Eris?" Cassian asks you. you nod your head "apparently I didn't mean as much to him as I thought. He didn't even come to find me" you let out a humorous laugh "to think he was ready to propose to me". "wait he was gonna ask you to marry him?" Rhys asked sharing a look with Cassian. "apparently it wasn't as serious as I thought" you say trying not to cry as your vision blurred. "for what it's worth, I thing Eris is a right asshole" Cassian says. "I used to think he only acted like an asshole so people would fear him. I thought I knew him better than that, the real him. but maybe he only showed me that side because that was his fake side" you tell them in a whisper. The rest of breakfast was silent.

Azriel's pov

"I was waiting for you" Eris says as you walk out of the shadows. Before you even know what happens Eris' lips are on yours, pushing you against the tree behind you. Eris' hands tug at your hair, as he deepens the kiss. You open your mouth to let him in, his tongue entering your mouth, kissing you passionately. You love this, you love the feeling of his lips on yours. But then y/n comes to mind. Shit. You softly push Eris back, both trying to catch your breath. "I'm sorry Eris i...I can't" you tell him, still trying to catch your breath. "why not you initiated it, I thought you wanted this too" Eris says. "I do, I mean I did" you tell him. "what changed?" Eris asks you confused. "I found my mate" you tell him. his face falls a bit, but you see he immediately corrects it. "I'm sorry" you tell him.