sun and shadow part 4

The date with Azriel was nice. He brought you to a nice little restaurant, where he reserved a place on the roof, so you could not only admire him for his beauty, but also the beautiful night sky. Half way thought the date tho, your mind wondered of to Eris. Why did he never do this, would he have taken you out if he wasn't so busy. If his dad didn't hate you so much. "what are you thinking right now?" Azriel asks you, clearly noticing your change in behavior. "oh nothing" you say putting on a fake smile. "I'm serious y/n, where did your mind wonder to. You look.....sad. you can tell me" he says grabbing your hand from across the table.

You sigh "it's just, I had a boyfriend before you and......it's complicated" you say, looking to the ground, feeling your gonna cry. You wink away the tears, you were not gonna cry over this. Your on a date with your mate, smile god damnit. "you wanna talk about it?" he asks carefully. You stay silent trying to put a smile on your face but you can't. "his uhm......his father banished me because he didn't like me, no that bastard hated me" you tell him "I had no other choice then to leave. And I couldn't tell my boyfriend, his father ordered me to leave before he came back. And I had to, he was gonna kill me if I wasn't' gone before them." "that's horrible" Azriel says, squeezing your hand. "that's not even the worst part" you says smiling thu the tears that now run down your face. "the worst thing is that my boyfriend, who was gonna ask me to marry him, didn't come to find me. if he really tried he would find me, I left clues for him, he would find me within a fucking day, and he didn't. he just let me go. How can someone do that, someone who claims that he loves you." you say now fully crying. Azriel walks over to you and hugs you.

 something told you he didn't hug a lot, or really anyone

 something told you he didn't hug a lot, or really anyone. But it was comforting. "I guess I'm just scared you will leave me too, like everyone has". "I'm not gonna leave you. and Eris didn't too". "h-how did you know it was him?" you ask him. "Rhys told me what you said this morning. And Eris didn't just leave you. he misses you a lot, but his father made it look like you stole him moms dowry". "but I didn't do that" you tell him. "I know. And I told Eris he should look into it. He just believes you dated him for the money, which is fucking stupid because I know you for a day and I already know you would never do that."

You look up at him, while he still holds you in his arms. "how do you know Eris?" you ask him. "I frequently spy on the autumn court. One day he found out I was spying on them and well, he started to help me. tell me things that happened and changed in the autumn court and rumors he heard from other courts as well. We're kinda friend. He was devastated the day you left. He still is." He tell you, as he wipes the tears out of your eyes. "then why isn't he here yet?" you ask him. "I don't know, maybe he just feels guilty for not doing it earlier". "or he's just an asshole and I just didn't see it" you tell him. "all I know. Is that you're worth more than this. You deserve someone who's gonna worry where you are, if your away for just a minute to long. You deserve it to not be alone anymore, You deserve to be loved" Azriel says, holding your head between his hands. "Az" you whisper before his velvet lips touch yours. "I know it's early, but you already mean so much to me. and if that dickhead doesn't think you're worth it, that's his fault. All I know is that I'm gonna try my best to make you feel wanted and loved" he says. Tears stream down your face, but not from sadness this time. Nobody ever said something like that to you. you put your hands against his chest. "I'm gonna make sure I'll make you feel the exact same Azriel" you tell him before you kiss him. "hmmm, let's go home" Azriel whispers against your lips. "hmmm, no it's gonna take to long" you say pulling him in for another deep kiss. You feel him smile against your lips. "oh babygirl, so needy already" he says mockingly, with a loving undertone. "but we can't do this here". He says as he lifts you up and flies home, holding you tightly.