chapter 7: motives, motives, motives

Everyone was chilling in the Twin's living room. There was more than enough space for everyone to gather. Chad, Liv, and Wes were on the larger couch. Amber and Y/N took a singular smaller couch with Y/N practically on Amber's lap. Mindy took the other one.

Sam and Richie had just pulled up. They walked through the door, earning stares from everyone, with a much older man following behind them. Confusion and curiosity bubbled to the surface. The atmosphere was about to get pretty intense from there.

The Twins' mom came in with a tray of cookies, trying to make a little joke by calling everyone suspects. She made eye contact with the older man and called out to him, embracing the man whose name was Dewey.

He had a gun strapped on him. Y/N's observant eyes glanced down at him and then back at the two adults' quick reunion.

Sam stood in the middle of the room.
"Thanks for coming, guys."

She gave a small nod. Tension rose into the air. Sam suddenly felt the pressure of eyes on her, not used to receiving attention like this.

"What's..this about?" Chad asked, looking like a big lost puppy.

That was when Sam dropped the bomb on them. She revealed that she was the daughter of Billy Loomis. Everyone who lived in Woodsboro knew who that was. The first original Ghostface killer, along with his accomplice, Stu Macher.

She left out the part where the reason her dad left them was because she found out from their mom's diary that Billy was actually the father but their dad thought it was his kid and that's why he proposed. She told the truth to Tara. As expected, Tara did not take it well, crying and screaming to get out of her hospital room.

Sam entered Tara's room. She was busy watching television.

"Tara, I have something to tell you."

Tara looked away to meet Sam's gaze.
"Hey, Sam. What's up?"

Taking a seat in the chair from earlier, Sam started, "One night, when we were younger. I found mom's diary in the attic. I wanted to see if she wrote anything about how she met dad, like a cute little story. But she wrote how she met this one dude and hooked up with him. She ended up pregnant and that's why dad proposed in senior year."

Tara was silent, choked up on words. Each word Sam said was like a knife to the heart, twisting in further and further.

"I found out who my real father was...So I'm in her room screaming and holding the diary. I didn't know dad was standing behind me and that night he left."

Sam's eyes started to sting with tears, trying her best to tell the story. She could see the pain behind Tara's eyes.

Halting, Tara swallowed hard before coughing out the question. "Wh-who is it though?"

"It's Billy Loomis," Sam choked out.

Tara's eyes expanded, her jaw hanging open. "You're fucking kidding me."

Doubts flooded Tara's head. Why was Sam telling her this now?

"I thought it was a good thing that I left because I-I wanted to protect you."

"Protect me from what?" Tara screamed, not caring who could hear her behind the door.
"The truth?! You leave for five years and now you wanna drop all this shit on me?"

"Tara, I'm so so sorry," Sam said through tears.

She wanted to hug her sister, provide her comfort and say that she wouldn't let anything happen to her now that she was there. But she knew Tara wanted nothing to do with her at that moment.