chapter 18: trapped

After the little pointless meeting they had at Sam and Tara's, the three had decided to take a pause from attacking until Liv's friend arrived.

That way, they could cover more ground. It was getting trickier if they were thinking of trapping Ghostface, because that most likely meant that they all had to be present during the attack to avoid suspicion.

The worst part was that Sam had made all of them sleepover since Monday. Afterschool, they would have the group stay over.

Even Sydney thought it was a good idea that they stuck together that close. It was almost irritable to see their faces twenty-four-seven.

On the third day, the other's parents were starting to get irritated, mainly Liv's. The Twins' mom was so in and out of the house.

Y/N had claimed that her moms were scolding her for staying over that many times but they couldn't really do much about it from another country. Amber's parents rarely cared and she did whatever she wanted anyway.

They were especially on high guard on Friday, somehow Mindy had put it into Chad's head that Ghostface was for sure going to attack by then.

He just started rambling how he usually did and that spooked Sam so she was being extra protective that night.

Sydney would come over and spend a few hours there and then leave when everyone was going to bed.

It was a breezy Saturday evening. The group of friends gathered around the coffee table, their eyes fixed on the colorful board in front of them.

The smell of hot takeout food filled the room, and they all took turns snacking on delicious treats as they played the classic game of Monopoly.

Mindy was the banker, carefully counting out each player's starting money and handing out the colorful game pieces.

Liv had claimed the thimble, Y/N really loved the duck and snagged it, Amber had the car, Chad had the dog, Mindy had the hat, Tara had the ship, and Sam chose the penguin even though that was the one Tara wanted.

They nearly fought over it. Richie was the only one that didn't want to join in, preferring to stay upstairs and play video games in

The game was off to a great start, with everyone playfully teasing each other and making silly jokes.

Chad had landed on Y/N's property, and she smirked triumphantly as she demanded her rent money.

Mindy was busy calculating the rent and, to everyone's surprise, she announced that it was actually double what Y/N had originally thought.

The group erupted into laughter as Y/N begrudgingly handed over the extra money but tried to stifle a laugh as she did so.

Sam, who was sitting next to Tara, nudged her playfully and whispered something in her ear. Tara rolled her eyes and whispered something back.

As the game progressed, the competition grew more intense. Mindy was dominating the board with her well-placed hotels, while Chad and Liv were struggling to stay afloat. Amber and Y/N were neck and neck, both determined to come out on top.

Sam suddenly realized that she had left her phone in her room and excused herself to go grab it. She was also going to check on Richie. The others barely noticed as she made her way up the stairs and disappeared from view.

As the game continued, the tension rose. Mindy had landed on Y/N's most expensive property and was cursing under her breath as she handed over the rent money. Amber was eyeing Tara's properties greedily, wondering how she could afford to buy them from her.