chapter 17: determined

Sidney had been keeping up with the latest insights of the killings happening in Woodsboro. After Gale's attack, she asked Sam to call all of their friends together so that they could discussed the recent killings. With the help of Tara, they were able to round everyone together in their living room.

The first people to show up were Amber and Y/N. Amber was driving like a maniac, according to Y/N. Their coffee shop date was cut short, and Y/N had her strawberry shortcake to go. Y/N had offered to share with Tara who said to save it for later.

Liv and Chad were at the football field where they were both doing their own thing. Liv was practicing cheers with her co-captain while Chad and a few of his teammates were playing a small game of catch.

Mindy was at home on a video call with her long-distance girlfriend; she refused to end the call and drove over while still on Facetime. She was the last one to arrive.

The living room was furnished with a comfortable gray sectional sofa and a couple of armchairs, arranged in a U-shape around a dark wood coffee table. A plush area rug covers most of the floor, adding an extra layer of coziness.

It was a good setting for the intense meeting that they were about to have; Ghostface was a grave topic and they all remembered how the last meeting didn't go well and left everyone frustrated.

The group sat in Sam and Tara's living room, with Sidney at the head of the group. When they saw her, everyone had a perplexed look on their faces at the older woman. It definitely wasn't their mom, she had long, dark hair, and a cooler and more confident demeanor.

Chad muttered to himself, crossing his good arm under the sling, "If mom were here, we'd have cookies and snacks right now."

Mindy rolled her eyes and smacked his arm, taking her seat next to him on the couch.
"Shut up, fatass. You ate before we got here."

Irritated and hungry, Chad yelped in pain, swatting Mindy away before looking back at the older woman standing in the middle of the room.

Sidney cleared her throat and began, "Hello, everyone. Thanks for coming. My name is Sidney Prescott. And I'm one of the..."

She caught herself before backtracking her words. Her clinched jaw betrayed her embarrassment at the blunder.

"I am the sole survivor of the Woodsboro murders back in 96. I've gathered you all here because Ghostface is back and none of you are safe."

Everyone's faces of despair and disbelief as they glanced around the room at each other further added to the weight of the situation. The sudden, dramatic shift in energy was unsettling.

"It would've been really helpful if we had this meeting a few months ago," Liv grumbled under her breath. Chad looked over at her and grabbed her hand to ease her attitude.

Sidney continued, feeling shifty, "Right. So have any of you got any leads?"

"I thought you called us here because you had a lead." Now it was Chad that pointed it out.

"I wanted to get your opinions and then provide my knowledge and support," Sidney replied.

She decided to do her best in this difficult position. Otherwise, these kids would be like chickens without heads, roaming around aimlessly without someone to guide them.

Amber scoffed from her position on the couch. "Like that's gonna be any help."
Y/N just looked at her, staying silent this time.

"If I could.."
Mindy stood up and walked over to Sidney, offering her hand.
"Hi, I'm Mindy. I'm the horror movie expert."