chapter 26: old wounds

Y/N fluttered her eyes open, being greeted by a room that clearly wasn't her own. She blinked a few more times to adjust her eyes to the brightness. When everything straightened out, she was able to recognize that she had slept in Liv's room instead of the guest room her and Amber would take after a night of drinking.

Turning over to check if Liv was still asleep, there was just an empty space. Y/N took a moment to gather her thoughts of the events that happened last night. She wasn't severely hungover so that was a good thing.

After spin the bottle, her and Amber took a little swim, she asked Mindy to make her another drink, Y/N and Amber went upstairs to see that Liv was going to stab Chad or something, Amber and Liv almost went at it, Tara's drunken confession and their kiss, Amber beating the living daylight out of her.

Last night really felt like a movie. Y/N could only laugh at herself and then she groaned, her hands flying to her face to cover her embarrassment. Things have gotten way out of hand and it scared her how out of control she felt. She was in dire need of restoring normalcy, it was driving her crazy.

The lovely smell of hot food hitting her nostrils brought her back from her thoughts. Locating her phone on the nightstand, she looked at the time to see that it was 9 in the morning, a pretty decent time for her to be up after a night of drinking. The only person that slept in super late was Chad, as far as she knew so everyone was probably downstairs already.

Did Tara go home last night? She could only imagine Sam's angry reaction to Tara's face. She debated on locking herself in Liv's room until everyone went home. Her hunger got the best of her despite not wanting to bump into Amber right now.

Walking downstairs, the faint smell of breakfast food got stronger, same with her craving for scrambled eggs. To her surprise, she saw Mindy, Chad, and even Ethan were sitting around the living room. The two guys were playing some video game on the flatscreen, pushing each other trying to make the other lose. Tara had gone home last night; Mindy had called Sam to pick her up and Sam was definitely pissed at the situation.

Anika stood up just in time, holding out a hot tray of blueberry muffins. She shot Y/N a kind smile, placing the tray down and removing the mittens.

"Hey there, sleeping beauty. You're just in time for breakfast."

"Stop calling me that." Y/N snickered as she pulled out a seat from the counter.

The muffins looked tempting and without another second, Y/N took one in her hands and bit into its mouthwatering center. The warmth filled her senses with delight. Anika was a really good cook.

Mindy smelled the muffins from a mile away and hopped up from the couch before Chad could recognize the smell of food. She jogged over to the two, purposely shoving Y/N's shoulder as a greeting. Once Mindy bit into the muffin, her eyes sparkled. It was like nothing she had ever tasted.

"These are soo good, babe," Mindy said with her stuffed mouth, shoving the rest in. She peppered kisses all over Anika's face as gratitude.

Y/N smiled as she watched the two, reaching over for another muffin. But she stopped when someone pulled up the seat next to her.

"Hey," Amber said softly, her voice sounded so raspy in the morning and Y/N had to hold her ground, knowing what Amber's voice did to her.

Y/N glanced up but didn't say anything. Suddenly, her appetite was gone, which was a shame because Anika's muffins were phenomenal. Mindy was gulfing down on a second one, silently watching the two from a distance as she also helped Anika with whatever she needed.

"So umm..we need to talk," Amber started, shamefully looking back down at her fingers.

"I don't wanna talk right now," Y/N said curtly, looking straight ahead at the tray of goods.