chapter 27: you and i

Y/N sat in her room, trying to find solace in whatever vibe her rooming was giving. The house was quiet, usually that's what it was like.

Her parents were busy on a business trip and even when they were rarely home, they restricted her on practically everything. She tried her hardest to be the best daughter, have the best grades, be in every status uplifting extracurricular.

Yet, somehow it was never enough for her parents. It was worth it though if that meant she could have some justification for her actions like drinking underage and not having a curfew.

She didn't even tell them she and Amber were dating. Don't get it twisted, she has two moms but they have high expectations for her, is all.

It was kind of a double standard, in a way, her mothers were rarely home due to traveling around Europe for work and only called once a month but they still barely gave Y/N any room to breathe.

But she didn't care, she still broke the rules anyways when they weren't around and put up on act when they came home every few months.

Y/N was too focused on trying not to think about the whole Tara and Amber situation that she ended up thinking about it.

She groaned into the room rather loudly, frustratingly raking her hands through her hair.

Amber was in desperate need to talk to Y/N. She wasn't going to sneak in like a maniac, she had a keycard to the main gate and an extra key that Y/N copied for her. She used these essentials and made her way through the house. Reaching Y/N's room, she prepared herself for the worst.

Out of nowhere, the door swung open with a jolt, causing her to jump. Amber stood at the threshold, her face a brew of anger and desperation.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?" Y/N exclaimed with a leap from her bed, feeling her heart race.

"You've been ignoring my texts and calls. What else was I supposed to do?" Amber's voice was sharp, her emotions on edge. Shutting the door, she stomped her way into the room.

Y/N stood up, her own frustration rising.

"I just need some space, Amber. I don't have the right words to say to you right now."

"Well, I do. I'm not sorry that I punched Tara-" Amber's voice trembled with intensity.

"You were gonna kill her if Chad hadn't pulled you off!" Y/N interrupted, fear and concern washing over her.

"I can't believe she would do that shit. No, you know what. I'm actually not surprised. After all these years..I told you we both liked you since we were younger–" Amber's voice wavered with hurt and vulnerability.

"If we're just going to argue about Tara, please leave, Amber," Y/N pleaded, feeling her emotions reaching a breaking point.

The last thing on her mind was Tara, she didn't want anything to do with her right now.

"Do you love her now? Is that it? Because I saw your car in her driveway yesterday," Amber's accusation struck like a dagger, causing Y/N's eyes to widen with disbelief.

"Jesus, no! No! I turned her down, even at the party. I don't love Tara. I love you! You're so dumb!" Y/N's voice cracked with emotion, trying to make Amber understand.

Amber's face contorted in anguish, and she took a step closer, reaching out to Y/N.

"Wha-Baby, no. I'm sorry. Okay?"

The turmoil within Y/N made it hard to keep her composure.

"It's just.. I think we need to take a break."