chapter 25: slumber party

After a long week of school, the friend group gathered at Liv's house to relax and unwind. The sun was beginning to set as the group of friends made their way to Liv's house, excited for a casual hangout by the pool.

The sound of laughter and chatter filled the air as they entered the backyard, adorned with fairy lights strung across the trees, giving the space a magical, whimsical feel. The set up looked more tamed than Liv's average house party, which was great for the chill hangout they were going to have. All they wanted to do was unwind and get away from Ghostface.

Liv had set up a cozy seating area that was near the pool, complete with blankets and cushions, and a small table full of snacks and drinks. Music was blasting so loud that her neighbors should've filed a noise complaint. Any regard flew out the window when they started consuming every bit of alcohol in Liv's parents' liquor cellar.

Mindy was the first to jump into the pool, quickly followed by Chad. Tara and Ethan sat on the edge of the pool, their feet dipped into the cool water as they watched the others play.

Y/N lounged on a pool chair, sipping a cold drink and enjoying the warm breeze while Amber popped a cold beer right next to her. Apparently, to Amber, they weren't close enough so she had scooted their chairs together. She had a comfortable hand on Y/N's thigh, rubbing it occasionally as she watched everyone. Anika sat nearby, striking of a side conversation with Amber.

Liv came out from inside the house, holding her phone. She had sort of a focused look on her face, like she was trying to decide on something.

"I'm starving, what are we doing for food?" Anika asked in the right moment.

"That's crazy. I was actually about to ask you guys what we should order." Liv snickered, pointing at her phone.

"What is..everyone in the mood for?" Ethan asked, scanning the room and wanting to be involved.

Things with Mindy had died down since that Monday. No one else really hated him, they still talk to him like normal and he's friends with Anika so that helped him a bit.

"Remember that new restaurant we were talking about at lunch on Monday?" Y/N chimed in.
"I heard they have amazing dumplings."

"Ooh, yeah yeah! We should do that," Amber agreed, nodding enthusiastically.
"You're so smart, baby."

Chad popped up from out of the water, scaring everyone a bit. He was able to get out of that sling within a week and a half so that was great, but the coach wouldn't allow him to play until further notice.

"I'm easy. Whatever you guys want."

Mindy looked at her twin, shocked.
"Usually, you'd be all over a new restaurant?"

Chad shrugged.
"I had a lot of Tara's brownies."

Mindy dramatically gasped.
"Who are you and what have you done to my brother?!"

Chad rolled his eyes, splashing water at Mindy. "They were double stuffed!"

Liv looked at the restaurant's menu on her phone.
"Alright, I'll order us some takeout. What does everyone want?"

As they each placed their orders, the anticipation for the delicious food grew. Liv, Anika, and Tara went out to pick it up and came back about thirty minutes later with many bags of takeout.

After everyone finished their meals, Liv noticed that the atmosphere felt a little dull. They had been hanging out all day, and now everyone was just sitting around with nothing to do. Y/N thought for a moment about a game they could play.

Liv spotted an empty beer bottle laying on the table, a devilish grin playing on her lips. She jogged over to it and placed it on the ground near the edge of the pool.