chapter 21: redemption

Y/N woke up the next day feeling like death warmed over. Her head was pounding, her stomach was churning, and she couldn't remember anything from the night before at Liv's party except.

She tried to sit up, but immediately regretted it as a wave of nausea washed over her. Groaning, she lay back down and closed her eyes, wishing the room would stop spinning.

"Good morning, beautiful," a voice said, and Y/N cracked open one eye to see Amber standing over her with a glass of water with a lemon in it and some pills.

"Kill me."

Y/N groaned, but she accepted the pills and water gratefully.

"A lemon?" Y/N asked as she stared at the little yellow fruit on the side of her glass and then looked up at Amber.

Amber shrugged. "I dunno. It'll help."

Y/N giggled, appreciative of the cute gesture.
"So fancy, babe."

Amber smiled as she sat down next to her and kissed her head.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck," Y/N hummed, and then winced as a sharp pain shot through her head.

She stared at the beige color of the walls, her head feeling like it was ten pounds heavier.

"You definitely overdid it last night," Amber said sympathetically.

"But don't worry, I'm here to take care of you."

Y/N smiled weakly.
"Thanks, baby. You're the best."

Sitting up, she popped the two pills and then downed the lemony water, the coldness hitting her throat in a good way.

Amber patted her back soothingly while Y/N played with the glass in her hands, falling quiet. After a few seconds, she turned to look at her.

"Did I do something weird? Please tell me I didn't."

Amber averted her gaze, looking elsewhere as she played around with her words.

"Well.."

She recapped everything back to Y/N; taking shots with Anika, her wandering off and some guy trying to take her but Ethan tried to stop him and ended up getting a black eye.

She left out the part where she was about to throw hands with Ethan but did reveal how she killed that guy that tried to bring her somewhere.

Liv wasn't too fond about it when Amber told her but she got over it. And then when she mentioned how she was practically all over Tara and how much Tara was malfunctioning, Y/N felt the humiliation hit her.

They sat in silence for a few minutes while Y/N tried to get her bearings. At last, an idea she'd had a few hours ago came back to her. She turned her enigmatic gaze on Amber.

"I need to talk to Anika," she said in a low voice.

Amber furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

She scooted over to Y/N, sitting crisscrossed with her. She took the now empty glass from her, replacing it with her hands, and placed it on the nightstand.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before answering, looking up at Amber.

"Yeah. I just wanted to ask her if she wanted to go for Mindy since she didn't get the chance to on Saturday."

Amber stared at her in awe.
"You think she'd actually do it?"

She was always so fascinated by Y/N. Her mind, her beauty, her charisma. She never failed to amaze the raven haired girl.