chapter 16: signing off

Y/N was lying on her bed, scrolling through her phone. The television served as background noise as her thumbs swiped at the screen.

She hadn't notice the news channel was on until she overheard one of the reporters mentioning a familiar person.

Our prayers and wishes go out to Gale Weathers and her family. We are hoping for her speedy recovery.

The name sent burning spikes to prickle the back of her neck, casting her with an immense sensation. It was like her whole body went into shock at the name. Her heart dropped to her stomach at the realization.

How could she forget such a critical portion of their plan? Gale was still in the hospital but had she awoken yet?

According from the channel, they were hoping for her recovery which could mean she still hadn't been discharged. That would make her job ten times easier.

Even Liv and Amber seemed to forgot all about the reporter. Liv was on her on sporadic killing spree, targeting guys on the football team. She couldn't find a right time to get to Sheriff Hicks which pissed her off immensely.

Y/N had to constantly remind her of safety and to not let bloodlust cloud her judgement because that would make her sloppy. Part of Liv didn't care, she just wanted someone's blood in her hands.

Amber was less intense but she still wanted to kill. That's why neither of the two could do what Y/N was about to do.

She had to finish Amber's job, knowing that the ravenette would be slightly angered that she had also forgotten to finish her off and that Y/N wouldn't let her.

She had to handle this on her own, in a more strict manner. It would be swift and organized. The act of killing with her bare hands made her want to throw up her insides.

But she convinced herself that only she could do this. No stalling, no mess. She would be in and out.

Feeling resolved be her own critical thinking, Y/N got up and grabbed her car keys. She drove to the hospital in a rush. As she made her way to the front desk, a sensation of anxiety rose in her gut.

The woman didn't even bat an eyelash when she inquired for Gale's room number. Y/N scoffed at her lack of care, walking towards the elevator.

Y/N stepped out of the elevator on the third floor of the hospital, her footsteps echoing through the empty corridor.

She took notice of the difference between the two floors. The place was dark and barren compared to the main floor. It's like no one worked up here. She figured that more important cases were sent up to this floor but she at least expected someone to be here.

As she made her way out, the atmosphere grew even more ominous. The lights flickered and dimmed, casting the hallway into darkness. The silence was deafening, and a chill ran down her spine.

She cautiously walked down the hallway, her footsteps echoing through the stillness. She felt like she was being watched, and every shadow seemed to move as if it had a life of its own.

Y/N felt a shiver run down her spine as she continued forward, her heart pounding in her chest. She tightly clutched the handle of her bag until her nails sunk into her palm, trying to shake off the feeling of unease.

She shouldn't be as terrified as she was right now; for god's sake, she was the mastermind for a murder movie scheme and had been responsible for the deaths of other people.

When she finally reached Gale's room, she was surprised to see a lack of security at her door. It wasn't like that when Tara was in the hospital, although Sam was persistent in having more protection for her sister.