Chan pov

At work, surprisingly I even was the first one to be there. I sat down at my desk and already started without waiting for the others. I took my headphones, plugged them into the equipment and tried out various forms of beats and similar things.

After what felt like 2 hours, I took my phone and looked at it. Changbin and Jisung where still nowhere to be seen and it's already 12pm, not how I thought 10am.

So I called Jisung, just to find out he was at Starbucks with Minho and Changbin is at his parents house, because of his dad. Jisung said he would be here in about half an hour. I was good with that and hung up.

I saved the data, turned off my laptop and stood up. I took my jacket, my car keys and went outside.

There was one thing I couldn't forget about or rather a person.

The cute guy I saw the first time this morning.

I sighed and got into my car, started the engine and drove off to Lily's kindergarten.

When I arrived and went inside, I saw the kids eating lunch. That's why I waited for a moment and already got Lily's clothes from the wardrobe. When they were finished and put away the dishes, the boy from earlier saw me.

"Are you here to get your daughter?" I looked into his smiling face and nodded.
"That's right." He turned around and called Lily.

"Daddy!" Lily called when she saw me and immediately ran to me. I took her up on my arms and excitedly looked at her.

"How was your morning?"
"Very good! We played games and ate your muffins. They were really really good! They loved them."
"That sounds so good, I wish I could have stayed here too.." I playfully pouted.

"But, instead I have a surprise for you."
"What is it?" Questioning she looked at me and I started to smile.
"It's a surprise. I can't tell you." I shrugged my shoulders and set her back down.

"The faster you're ready to go, the earlier you will find out." And so she was already gone.

The kindergarten teacher smiled warmly.
"Have a nice day."
"You too." I smiled back at him.

"Why is your face so red Daddy?" My face is red?
"Oh uhm. It's a bit warm in here, you know?" The little girl nodded and took my hand, trying to drag me out of the building.

"Didn't you forgot something?"
"Bye bye Jake!" She waved at her friend, which he replied with a big smile and a wave too.
"Can we go now?"
"What about your teacher?"
"Goodbye Jeongin!" She waved again frantically, which he also replied.

So his name is Jeongin? Pretty name..

Lily looked back at me.
"Now we can go."

Together we went outside and back into my car.

Not even 10 minutes later we arrived the huge building and got out of the car.

"And? What are you saying?" I looked down into her eyes, which sparkled and excitedly looked at the building.

"It's the best surprise ever Daddy!" She started to jump and together we went inside.

"Can I press the button?"
"Sure. Number 13."
"13.." I smiled.
"Here!" She pressed the button and brightly smiled at me.
"Good job."

Infront of the door to my and my friend's little music studio, I knocked on the door and opened it, in hopes Jisung would be already here. And he was.

He turned around in his chair and looked at us, while I was already closing the door behind us.

"Good afternoon princess and king." Jisung said, bowed and then walked up to us. He took Lily up onto his hips and turned around in circles with her, which made her giggle.

He sat her down and had to laugh himself.

"Where is uncle Binnie?" Excitedly Lily looked up to my friend. Jisung looked back at Lily with a little sad look.
"He couldn't come today, because he is visiting his parents." Lily nodded understanding and started to jump around.

"Can I hear what you did?" The little girl looked between me and Jisung.
"Sure."

Jisung sat back down in his chair and waited for Lily to sit on his lap. When she did, he turned around to his monitor and put his headphones on her head, which made her giggle. Jisung turned down the volume a bit and started to play some of his music.

I leaned on the wall and observed the two listening to Jisungs songs for a while.

(12.04.2023)
(765 words)