²⁰

Chan pov

After Changbin and Jisung went back to work, I sat down on my chair. I gently pulled Jeongin onto my lap and then turned to my equipment.

"Do you wanna hear something we haven't published yet?" Smiling I looked at the youngers eyes, that lit up.
"If I'm allowed to, with pleasure, yeah." Jeongin smiled even brighter when I put my headphones on him.

I laid my arms around him to grab the computer mouse and clicked on one of the finished songs.

"It's so good.."
"Really?" Nodding the younger smiled at me, which made me smile too. For me it was very important that the persons I'm close with like the music I do.

We sat there for a few more hours and I played him a bit more of our songs.

When we heard a knock on the door I turned around and looked at Minho and Lily, who just entered the room.

"Daddy!" Lily ran into my direction, but when she saw Jeongin she immediately ran into his direction. Jeongin picked her up and turned around in circles, which made not only the little girl in his arms giggle but also himself and me.

"Daddy!" Confused I turned to look at Jisung, who ran up to his boyfriend and hugged him. Minho gave Jisung a side-eye before gently kissing him. They laughed and then Jisung went to pack up his things so they could go home. Changbin already went home a few minutes ago, he said him and Felix would have a date night today, which is why he didn't want to be late.

"What are you doing here Jeongin?" Lily asked her teacher and curiously looked at him.
"Your dad surprised me and took me here."
"Daddy's music is great, right?" Proudly the little girl looked over at me.
"It is. It really is.." Smiling Jeongin now looked at me.

Seeing both of them together like this, makes me go crazy inside of me. I was on the verge of crying because I was so happy to not only have Lily but now also Jeongin. I really love them, Lily as in my daughter and Jeongin as in my, hopefully soon, boyfriend.

I planned to confess today, but I was actually so nervous, I didn't know if I really should or not. I started a few tries, but it always went the wrong direction and I broke it off.

After I introduced Jeongin and Minho, we all went outside. Minho and Jisung would drive with their own car, which is why we said our goodbyes when our ways separated.

I drove us home and we ate dinner together. Later I helped Lily combing her hair and brush her teeth another time after she did.

"So what do you want me to read?" I looked down at the 5-year-old.
"Can Jeongin read me a book..?" Surprised I looked at the little girl, but then nodded smiling.
"Sure he can. I'll go get him." I stood up and walked into the living room, where Jeongin sat and scrolled through his phone.

"Innie?" Slightly frightened the younger turned and looked at me.
"Sorry, did I scare you?"
"N-no problem, what is it?" Jeongin completely turned around and looked into my eyes.

"Lily asked if you could read her a book." Jeongin smiled warmly and stood up.
"Ofcourse I can."

Back in Lily's room, Jeongin sat down next to Lily on her bed and started to read the book she handed him before. While I stood in the doorframe I observed the youngers with a smile.

When Jeongin finished reading the book he looked down at the sleeping girl and cutely smiled. He carefully stood up and covered her up with her blanket. He then brushed some strands of her hair out of her face and went over to me.

Back in the living room I pulled Jeongin closer to me and gently kissed him. The younger returned the kiss with a shy smiled and held onto my shirt.

"I love you Jeongin." Blushing the said boy looked at me.

"I love you so much, you can't imagine how my heart starts beating faster everytime I just see you and how it beats even faster when I can spend time with you. In the last months you became one of the most important human beings in my life and I know I would be dumb to let you go. So I wanted to ask you if you would do me the honour and become my boyfriend?"

"..I- Yeah, Ofcourse I do! " I saw the younger tearing up a little and he laid his lips back at mine.

"I love you too Channie.."

(12.20.2023)
(788 words)