¹⁷

Chan pov

On our way back I saw Jeongin falling asleep in his seat, not even 4 minutes after we left the parking lot.

On our way back we would go to pick up Lily from Jake's.

Around half an hour later, I got out of my car to ring at the door. Meanwhile Jeongin started to wake up too.

When the door opened, Jake's mom welcomed me and went to tell the kids that I'm here to pick up Lily.

"Hi Daddy!"
"Hey Princess. How was your sleepover?"
"It was ssoooo good!"

Two minutes later we said our goodbyes and went back to my car.

"Oh, hi Jeongin!"
"Hey Lily. Did you have fun?"
"Yes, I really liked the sleepover!"
"That's good to hear. Do you want to tell us what you guys did?"
"Sure! So.."

I smiled at myself, while putting away Lily's little bags and sitting back into the drivers seat. I loved that Jeongin and Lily both came along with each other.

"Why are you actually here Jeongin?"
"I.. uhm-"
"We went to see Gwangmyeong Cave. It's a really pretty cave that's decorated with lots of lights. We should visit it all together, once we get the chance."
"Ouh yes! I really want to see it too! How was it? Did you have fun?"

The rest of the ride we answered Lily's questions about our little trip.

Back in our apartment, Jeongin volunteered to prepare dinner, which I was really grateful for and I went to unpack Lily's bags. Lily asked Jeongin if she could help him with dinner, so when I came back into the kitchen, I saw the two cooking together, which made my heart melt.

That's all I wanted to see.

I took a photo of the two, before I went to help them.

"Wow, it smells really good! What are you cooking?" I went to stand behind Jeongin, so I could put my chin on his shoulder and my arms around his torso, which led him to slightly turn his head, to look into my eyes. I smiled at the younger while his cheeks slowly heated up.

"We're cooking Jangjamong Daddy!"
"Jangjamong..?" Questioning I looked back at Jeongin. "What's that?"
"Jjajangmyeon." The black haired boy laughed a little and poked Lily's cheek, which made her chuckle.
"Ah, Jjajangmyeon! We haven't ate that in ages.." I looked over at the 5-year-old, who nodded, while stirring the noodles.

"Thank you.." I turned back to Jeongin and whispered against his neck. I felt my lips brushing his skin and saw the younger getting goosebumps.
"Y-you're welcome.." Jeongin smiled and then concentrated on cooking again.

I watched both of them cooking dinner and later set the table.

We ate dinner together afterwards.

"Jeongin..?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you going to stay over the night?" Lily asked Jeongin, looking at him with big, but also sleepy eyes.
"Do I?" Now Jeongin looked at me.
"If you want to, you for sure can stay another night. I'd be very happy too."

"Okay, then I'll stay." Nodding the younger looked back at Lily.
"Yay..!"

After dinner I washed the dishes, while the other two already went into the living room.

"What should we watch?"
"Mhmm.. ah! Trolls!"
"Trolls it'll be."
"Do you know Trolls? Have you watched it? Who's your favourite Troll? What do-" Chuckling I joined Jeongin and Lily on the couch.
"Not so many questions at once, let him answer first, Lily."

I sat back and put an arm around Jeongins shoulder.

I don't know why, but since our little conversation in the caves I feel a lot more confident around Jeongin. Ofcourse I know I shouldn't overburden the younger, but till now he seems like he hasn't something against my actions.

When the movie was over I put Lily to bed and then went back to Jeongin. We watched another movie and then got ready for bed ourselves.

"How did you find the day?"
"I really liked it. I learned a lot of new things. Not only about caves- ..but also about you and Lily. That's what I liked most." I nodded and looked at my left and right into Jeongins eyes.
"I really liked the day too, pretty boy." Blushing Jeongin looked at the ceiling, which I chuckled at and gently pulled the younger closer.

"Kiss me."
"W-what..?"
"Kiss me." Jeongin looked at my lips and gave me a quick peck on my lips.

"Now you kiss me."
"Kiss you?"
"Kiss me, yeah. I need a good night kiss too. You're not the only one who needs a kiss." Smiling I hovered over the 4 year younger and gently kissed him, which he returned.

"Sleep well, cutie."
"Sleep well too, Hyung.."

(12.17.2023)
(788 words)