²¹

Chan pov

"Daddy?" Sleepily I sat up and looked into my daughters face. I saw tears on her face and a scared look.
"Come here princess." I opened my arms and waited for Lily to get into them, which she did right away.

I laid back down with Lily and patted her back.
"Did you had a bad dream?" Lily hummed nodding and cuddled up to me.

"Is Jeongin here?" Jeongin himself hummed in agreement.
"I'm here." He whispered and put his arms around the little girl, after she crawled over to him.

"I heard you had a nightmare?" Lily nodded again.
"It's okay. I sometimes have nightmares too and I bet your daddy too. Your head often creates bad dreams when you have something on your mind and can't stop thinking about it. Usually dreams won't come real, there are exceptions, but I don't think that the dream you just dreamed will come true. Plus your daddy and I are always going to protect you."
"Really?"
"Really."

"Can you sing me something?"
"Sure." Jeongin silently started to sing until we heard Lily breath evenly.

I slipped back under the blanket and laid my arm around Lily and Jeongin. I kissed Jeongins head and waited until the younger fell asleep and then closed my eyes myself again.

In the morning I woke up due to Lily jumping on the bed.

"Daddy! Wake up!" I sat up and looked at the hyped girl.

To my surprise she was already dressed in a pink dress with a white shirt and leggings under it. She also wore a braided ponytail and a little Christmas chain. Confused I looked at her.

"Am I dreaming..?" I rubbed my eyes.
"No! Jeongin made breakfast, you have to stand up!" Lily took my hand and pulled me out of the bed.

I dressed up and went after Lily a few minutes later. In the kitchen I saw Jeongin and Lily already sitting at the table and chatting. On the table were pancakes and something to drink.

I felt my heart warming up and went over to Jeongin to give him a quick peck on his lips, which made him blush. I sat down opposite from Jeongin and saw Lily looking at us with an open mouth.

"Thank you for conjuring up such a nice breakfast for us, Innie."
"You know I love to.." Smiling I looked at the younger and then over to my daughter.
"Close your mouth or flies will fly in." Laughing I looked at Lily closing her mouth.

Together we ate breakfast and then I drove both of them to the kindergarten. As soon as we arrived Lily unbuckled her seatbelt. Jeongin as well unbuckled himself, but I took hold of his hand before he could get out.

The younger looked at me lovingly and gave me an insecure smile.
"Thank you for the morning. You're always welcome Innie." I leaned forward and kissed Jeongin, which he returned.
"Thank you Channie." Jeongin got out of the car and opened the car door for Lily.

They waved their goodbyes at me, while I waved back. I waited until they entered the building and then drove off to work.

(12.21.2023)
(533 words)