Chapter 28

"Are you at your house?" He sounded confused. "Yeah? El whats wrong?" I ignored his question. "Can I come over?" He sounded worried but answered me anyway. "Yeah, come over." He went to hang up but I hollered to stop him. "Wait! You are alone right?" He sighed. "Yeah El I'm alone." I nodded, "Okay good. Be there in about thirty minutes." I hung up and took a deep breath and went to the shower so I could get ready.

**

I walked up to his door and knocked. He answered the door and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Hey El." He greeted pulling me in for a hug. "Hey Jim." I greeted back returning the hug. We walked to the kitchen where he grabbed two mugs and fixed us two cups of coffee. I followed him to the living room where we sat on the couch. "How have you been El?" I scoffed. "Not that great actually." He gave me a sympathetic look. "Have you talked to him?" I nodded. "Yeah. He explained everything." He nodded. "That's good." I shook my head. "No it's not." He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "I can't break up his marriage." I choked out before bursting into tears. He turned me so I was facing him. He pulled me into him so I could cry on his shoulder. He ran his hand on my back to try and calm me down. I couldn't stop crying. "It'll be okay...you do know he loves you right?" I looked up at him. "Of course I do! I love him more than anything Jim! But I can't break up his marriage. This is his chance to have a family with someone who's ready to settle down and have a family. And be with someone who is his age and isn't going off to college." He sighed. "El, he'd wait as long as you needed him too. He'd leave Ashley rightnow if you wanted him to." I sighed. " I know he would. Some part of me wants him too, but I don't want to be the reason his marriage failed. He needs to be a man in that relationship and try to stick it out. Maybe they could make it work." He looked concerned and just pulled me into a hug. "I'll be fine." I tried to reassure him, but I could hear my own voice shaking as I said it. "I'm here for you." He answered.