Chapter 11

My voice was shaking so bad I couldn't speak anymore so I just turned and walked out. I grabbed my phone and car keys and was out the door. I heard them hollering for me, but I didn't turn back I ran to my car and jumped in. I backed out and looked back for the first time and saw my parents in the door with my mom crying in my dad's arms. I had no idea where I was going; I just had to go. I ended up at the park where I got out and just walked around until I found a quiet spot with no one around. It was there I completely lost it. I broke down and started crying; I must have cried until I fell asleep, because the next thing I know I'm being carried bridal style. I open my eyes and found an emotional Justin carrying me to his car. I pulled his face down and made him look at me, "Hey." I croaked. He smiled "Hey." He whispered back. He sat me down in the front seat of his car, and he went around to the drivers side where he climbed in and shut the door. "Did you know?" "Know what?" The fact he wouldn't make eye contact with me was my answer. "When did you find out?" He put the key in the ignition ignoring my question. I hit his arm. "Answer me dammit!" He whipped around to face me. "Alright! Yes! I've known! Emily told me when we had been dating 6 months. She felt like I had a right to know. And I did!" I screamed. "Why did everybody 'Have a right to know' but the one it actually affected?! Did not one of you think about how it would affect me?! It seems like you were all to selfish to enlighten me! My own boyfriend lied to me!" I sat there with my head in my hands waiting for him to say something. After sitting in silence for a while I sat up. "I'm done." I opened the door and got out and slammed it shut. I took a deep breath and walked over to my car. "No! Baby don't do this! It wasn't my place to tell you. I couldn't tell you! Your parents wouldn't allow it! Just. Baby please don't leave! Not like this! Not over something I can't control!" I opened my car door sitting down and shut the door. I started my car and rolled down my window. "I'm out of here." He walked up towards the window "And where will you go?" I shrugged. "I'm going to my friends." He scoffed. "Your going to his house aren't you." I put the car in gear. "Gosh. It's always him ain't it. First you invite him to your house when I was supposed to come over so we could eat with your family and then you let him sleep over at your house." "Yes, Emily told me what happened." He answered when he saw the look on my face. He continued. "And even now, your running off to him even though your boyfriend, who happens to love you, is standing right here. I wouldn't look at him. "Move out of my way." He sighed taking a step back. "Fine. Whatever."

**

I walked up to his door and knocked; Danielle answered the door with an eye roll. I just ignored it. "Is Clay home?" Her face darkened. "Yeah, and he's busy so get lost. He doesn't have time for a kid like you." I started tearing up and was turning away when I heard Clay. "What in the hell are you doing?!" I turned around to explain myself then realized he wasn't talking to me. He was glaring daggers at Danielle. "Well? I asked you a question. That 'girl' happens to be a very close friend of mine; one that I lo..err care about, and she just found out something that literally changed her whole life. And I will never be 'too busy' for her. And if you have a problem with that then you can just get the hell out of my house." She sat there with her mouth gaping as Clay came over to me and pulled me inside wrapping his arms around me. "Are you okay?" He whispered against my head. "No." I whispered back. He pulled me closer; I rested my head against his chest while he ran his fingers through my hair. I had honestly forgotten about Danielle until she came over and slapped Clay and walked out taking her stuff with her. I pulled his face down to mine and kissed his red cheek where she just slapped him. "I'm sorry." He looked at me confused. "For what?" I sighed. "Everything. It's all my fault. Your girlfriend just walked out on you because of me, and just everything leading up to that." His kissed my forehead. "No of this is your fault. For starters I don't love Danielle. Never did. It was bound to happen sooner or later. And None of this would have happened if I hadn't gotten in that wreck. I killed your twin sister and cut off one of my best friends leg. It's all my fault. I wouldn't blame you if you hated me." I pulled him closer to me and played my head back on his chest. "Oh I could never hate you." I replied.