Chapter 42

Clay's P.O.V.

I sighed and turned to walk away. "I was wondering where you went! Wanna dance?" Ashley asked coming up behind me. "Not now Ashley." I answered shortly. "Then when Clay?" She asked just as short. "When will you actually pay me, your wife, any attention?" I sighed. "Ashley lets not talk about this here or now." She ignored me. "Then when will we talk about this? When will you actually pay enough attention to me to have a conversation with me? Oh I know! Maybe I should start dating somebody else because that seems to get your attention. Wait that wont work either because I'm not Elana Smith!" She shouted at me. The music had died down and everybody heard our argument and was now staring at us. I saw Elana standing in the doorway with Adam with a look of pure horror on her face. Ashley looked at me embarrassed. I looked down and walked out. 

Elana's P.O.V. 

 "Maybe I should start dating somebody else because that seems to get your attention. Wait that wont work either because I'm not Elana Smith!" I heard Ashley shout at Clay as I walked through the door to go find Jim so he would take me home. All the music was off so everybody heard Ashley announce that her husband was inlove with me. I looked away when Clay walked by me and Adam trying to get out of there. I looked up and saw Jim walking over to us. "Will you take me home please?" I asked Jim. He nodded wrapping an arm around me and walking out the door and through the lobby to his car. "What in the hell is going on Elana?" Jim asked as soon as I shut the car door. I took a deep breath. "Promise not to freak?" I asked. He nodded in response. "Well tonight I left the ballroom to get away from him and to be able to breathe without him looking at me and watching me. And he followed me...and one thing led to another....and I slept with him..on the balcony.." I looked out the windshield to avoid eye contact with him.  "Wow." Was all he said. "Oh yeah and he waited til I had tried to move on with Matt, who is a really sweet guy by the way to choose me." I threw in with a shrug. "What are you going to do?" Jim asked me while starting the car. "I honestly have no idea what to do or think to be honest." I answered with a sigh. "I think you should think about the decision before making it." Jim said pulling out of the parking lot. "I am.." I answered. But how will I choose? I asked my self. I mean I love Clay, but we didn't work the first time. Maybe there's too much baggage there.. And then there's Matt who doesn't have any deep dark secrets, and no dark past there. It's just an empty slate, a fresh start with Matt, but he's not Clay.