Wedding Day

*2 years later*

I stood there behind the closed doors waiting. I took a deep breath. "Are you okay?" Adam asked looking down at me. I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm great." He gave me a toothy grin. "Are you ready?" I grinned. "I've never been more ready for anything in my whole life." He gave a half nod and kissed my forehead just as the music started playing and the doors opened. I looked up at Clay. He looked at a loss for words. I started down the isle and Clay wiped a stray tear from his eye. I smiled at him. I reached the end of the isle where Clay was standing. He smiled at me. "Hey." I whispered to him. He grinned. "Hey." He whispered back. "Are you two done whispering?" I heard the minister whisper. I giggled and Clay smirked. "I think so yeah." I whispered back to the minister. He smiled and nodded. "We are gathered here to join Jason Clay Williams and Elana Claire Smith in holy matrimony. I've had the privilege of getting to know these two wonderful people for the last six months. I've never been more certain than I am right now that these two people belong together. I've never seen two people more right for each other. They complete each other; She brings the fire he needs and he brings the calm and cool she needs." He looked down at me and Clay. We both nodded. "They have written their own vows to each other." I looked at Clay who looked nervous. I tightened my grip on his hand so he would look up at me. "Take a deep breath. It's okay." I mouthed to him. He smiled half heartedly back at me. "Elana, you are my very best friend in this whole world. You light up every room you walk into. I've had the privilege of loving you and being loved by you, even when I didn't deserve it. You forgot me for a little while, but you came back to me. I don't know everything about the new you, but I promise to spend the rest of my life trying to figure you out. I made the mistake of letting you go once; I promise now that I've got you back to hold you and never let go. Everything good in me is you. You make me a better person. I knew when we were growing up you were the one. It's you. It's always been you. With this ring I promise to be there for you. To love and cherish every moment with you for the rest of my life. I promise to be there in the good times and bad. No running. No giving up. I love you and I promise you I will spend everyday for the rest of our lives proving it." He slid the ring on my finger with a smile. I smiled back at him while wiping tears from my eyes. I took a deep breath. "Oh gosh Clay where do I start. You are my rock and my calm in a storm. You are never at a loss for words. You always know what to say and when to say it. I think it's the other way around; you make me a better person. You are my biggest supporter and the one person always on my side no matter what. You are my smile, my laugh, my tears. You are everything. Clay you're the person I want to wake up with and go to bed with and do everything else in between with. I want to spend everyday for the rest of my life by your side. I want to build my life with you. I want to have kids with you. I'm not perfect I make mistakes. I'm damaged, and you love me anyways. I thank God everyday I have you. I promise to be there to support you and to follow you anywhere the wind takes us. This is forever. I love you." I grinned finishing my vows and sliding the ring onto his finger. The minister smiled and started talking again. "Is there anyone here today, that can find a reason these two should not be married let them speak now or forever hold their peace." No one said anything thankfully. "Then by the grace of God, I now pronounce you man and wife. Clay you may now kiss your wife." Clay looked at me and wriggled his eye brows at me making me laugh. He smirked and brought me into him and kissed me. It was a short kiss but still had as much love and sparks than all the other times I've kissed Clay. The guests clapped and cheered. The minister turned us so we were arm in arm and facing the crowd of people. "Ladies and gentlemen it is with great pleasure I introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Clay Williams!" Everybody clapped as we walked arm in arm down the isle. I let out a sigh of relief when we got outside. Clay spun me into him and I buried my face in his chest as guests leaving the church cheered. Clay chuckled. We were soon joined with Margret,Jim,Adam and Jenna. Jenna is a girl I quickly befriended at Hopkins. She has become really close to the group, her and Jim have even went out a couple of times. I think they really like each other. She just lights him up. I'm really happy for him. While people left to go make sure the reception was set up right and the guests headed out towards the reception area while we stayed back to finish up pictures. We all posed and smiled. Some with just me and Clay, others with me and the girls and then with the guys. Others with Clay and the guys and then Clay and the girls. Once the photographer decided we had enough we were finally done. We headed out towards the reception so we could get the evening started. We walked in arm in arm with claps and cheers. I whiped a stray tear out of my eye and Clay beamed at me. "We're finally married." I whispered relieved. He kissed my temple. "We're married." I smiled at the people cheering for us. I glanced over at my parents who were sitting with Clay's parents and grinned. Clay walked us over to our table and we sat down in the front of the room with the rest of the wedding party. We ate and drank and Margret and Adam,being the maid of honor and best man, gave toasts. We go up and danced the night away. Finally about 11pm everybody was going home and the party was dying down. My parents walked up to us as we were saying goodbye to the remaining guests. We had a plane to catch. "It was a beautiful ceremony. You looked absolutely beautiful sweety." Mom said. I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks mom." I hugged dad too. "Now yall go on and get out of here we'll come back tomorrow to clean all of this up. Have a good time." Mom ordered. I nodded. "Thanks." They smiled at us as we turned to walk away. I lanced my fingers with Clay's and lent into him. "Are you really not going to tell me where we are going?" I asked getting into the corvette. "Nope. Are you really gonna get on an airplane in a wedding dress?" I looked down and saw my wedding dress and laughed. "I sure am!" I exclaimed. He just shook his head and started the car. It sounded beautiful as always. I looked at the car admiring it. "Sometimes I think you just married me cause of the car." I nodded. "Oh I did. Its beautiful." Clay rolled his eyes and I smirked. "I love you." He kissed my hand that was joined with his. "I love you more...I'm still not telling you where we are going." I sighed. "Fine." He laughed. I couldn't help smiling at that laugh. That's what I will be hearing for the rest of my life. I thought with a smile. I think I can handle that.