Chapter 29

I woke up on Jim's couch. I heard him in the kitchen so I got up to see what he was doing. "Hey thanks for letting me stay the night.." I stopped talking when I saw that it wasn't Jim in the kitchen it was Adam. "...oh hey." I greeted him. He smiled at me. "Hey sis..how are you?" I shrugged. "Not great." His smile dropped and he came over and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll be okay Adam." He sighed. "I know you will." After a few minutes I moved out of his arms so I could go sit down at the counter. After sitting there in silence for a few minutes I broke it. "So where's Jim?" Adam hesitated to answer. "Uhh...He's...um..out." He didn't have to tell me for me to figure out by the way he was talking that Jim was with Clay. "It's okay. He's his friend too." I answered. Adam shot me a sympathetic smile. I gave him a reassuring smile. "Where's Margret?" I asked. He pointed up. "Asleep." I nodded and smiled. "I'll be right back." He smirked and nodded. I walked up the stairs to the spare bedroom and found Mar asleep. I walked over to the bed and sat down beside her sleeping body. "Mar wake up." I said nudging her. She groaned and rolled over so she was facing me completely. "Margret!" I hollered hitting her again. She sighed being brought out of sleep. "What?" She hollered back without opening her eyes. Knowing she was now awake I laid down beside her. She finally opened her eyes and looked at me. "When did you get here?" I shrugged. "I stayed the night." She nodded. "Oh." I nodded back to her in response. "Are you okay?" She asked me after a few minutes. I just shook my head.