*depression is discussed, so warning*.
ALSO MY WRITINGS GETTING BETTER SO BARE WITH ME🙏🙏🙏🙏

y/n pov-

Oh shit.

I walk in the old, seemingly abandoned house. A stench fills the walls, mocking me.

"God Connor, what did you just put in your mouth?" I see blood trickle down the androids finger, and Hank's disgusted expression.

"I can analyze blood in real time," He responds, his posture leaning forward. Almost like a kid showing their dad an accomplishment. "I'm sorry, I should have warned you."

Hank makes a gut wrenching sound before stumbling past, "Well just don't put anymore evidence in your mouth, got it?" Connors mood drops, and his shoulders roll back. "Yes.. lieutenant."

A smile creeps on my face, my body leaning against one of my crutches. I've been over doing it the past few days, to say the least. Matthew really dealt it on me, huh?

Connors eyes meet mine, and he steps over to me. I glance over at the body.

Ortizo. His body reeks, flies filling the room. Yet, the room doesn't feel so gloomy anymore.

"Hello Y/n. I am glad you showed." He says, his brown eyes almost shining. "Of course," I say, brushing it off, "Look, I'm sorry if I've seemed unprofessional or rude the past few days. I've just had a rough time." I quickly spurt out, wanting to get the apology over with. Usually i'm not so.. forward and bothersome. I just don't want him to get the wrong impression.

His LED flickers yellow, his eyes squinting. I feel... analyzed. "You have not done anything wrong, officer." His change in demeanor surprises me, i'm used to his professional act. But a splash of kindness shows through, his voice low but reassuring. Soothing.

My body relaxes, my mind full of meaningless words.

I stumble slightly, my balance leaning too much onto my crutch. "Woah-" I squeak, but I don't fall. My knees bend, my body shrinking to the imbalance.

I feel a cold hand brush against my shoulder, lightly gripping me to keep me from falling. "Are you alright, Officer?"

He bends over slightly over me, the height difference increasing dramatically. I've never felt smaller in my life. Weak, puny.

"Oh yes-" I say, quickly using his arm to readjust. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm just not functioning properly right now-" I try to say with a chuckle, "Uhm. Sorry. Shit. You alright?" I ask, his cold hand leaving my arm.

Yet, the warmth.. the presence feels missing now.

"Of course I am." Connor responds. He sounds.. Dumbfounded. Like, 'Of course i'm okay you stupid bitch i'm literally a robot.'

My eyes quickly avert elsewhere, my heels digging into the ground. Suddenly, feelings rush through my body like drugs.

The feeling of a man, the sense of uncertainty. My brain flashes back and forth between present and past, and I step back a few inches.

"Well." I say, trying to quickly change the subject. His body backs up, moving back to its original, standing form. "Have you found any cool evidence."

Cool?
Seriously?

One moment i'm full of confidence, but right now, it's sucked out of my body. A thirsty vampire named Anxiety is just desperate for a full meal.

"I am still looking, but I will tell you if I find anything of use." Connor responds, a calm smile filling his face. "Alright, thanks." I say, putting my hand up to pat him on the back, but I shove it down after a moment. He isn't an old pal. Why am I suddenly so awkward?