6.5

"Blue, the most human color blue."
-Regina Spektor , "blue lips"

AUTHORS NOTE, PLEASE READ————-
In the game, the series of events and cases go by quite fast. Since there isn't exactly any space that is CANON is between cases, I will add stuff along to the story after the canon cases. If it feels like the story is going fast, its because thats how it was in the actual game. But, I will add A LOT more.

Y/n pov-

"I just got a report of a deviant a few blocks away," Connor says, his eyes dragging away from me and Hank. His eyes snap back, and I feel my stomach twirl ever so slightly. "We should go take a look."

I swallow, trying to not make eye contact. Hank nods, "Alright. Lead the way."

Me and Hank step out of the elevator, but Connor stays. I call out to him, "Hey? Connor? We are here." His eyes flicker open, startled. He quickly makes his way out, "I apologize. I was making a report to cyberlife." Hank shivers, responding coldly. "That shit freaks me out." I laugh, "You can just... close your eyes to make a report?"

He nods yes, and I sigh. Lucky. We approach the apartment door, and Connor knocks. When there is no answer, Hank ushers him to try again. "This is the Detroit police," Connor yells, his voice suddenly strong. Almost intimidating, but I know the other side of him. It's like a switch, from work mode to not. "Open up, we have a warrant!!!"

We hear a loud bang from inside, so Connor quickly busts the door open. We run in, guns in hand. Hank tells Connor to go behind him, because me and Hank are the only two with weapons. I find a sense of humor in this, because even if Connor dies, he can just come back to life. Maybe Hank is a little more caring then I thought.

After we patrol the area around us, we find nothing. We put out guard down and begin searching for clues.

"God, I hate these things!" Hank yells, kicking the pigeons away. "Hey!" I yell at him, "No need to be such a dick to those birds." He only rolls his eyes at me.

Connor pulls down a poster, and I ask him if he has found anything. He mutters a response, "I don't know..." When I turn to give him a questioning look, he continues. "It's a notebook, but it is indecipherable."

We peak around a bit more, but to no avail. The apartment is dark, the walls dirty and only bird food covers the floors. I open the fridge, only to find no human food. I call out, "Hey guys? Theres no food in the fridge. Clearly its not a human."

I see Connor kneeling, perhaps reconstructing evidence. I follow him, and his eyes avert upwards. He stands, trying to get a closer look in the hole that rests in the ceiling. Bird fly everywhere, and chaos ensues. "SHIT!" Hank screams, and I let out a small chirp myself. A man jumps down from the hole, running away and exiting the apartment.

Connor chases after, and so do I. My mind seems to click into investigators mode, and I run faster then I ever have before. I trail behind Connor, and the deviant jumps out of the hallway window. He falls onto a Pavillion, sliding down rails to get to the ground floor. We follow, Connor's movements smooth and quick. When I land onto the ground, I pounce back up and begin chasing again. Connor follows the deviant, jumping up to a ledge and climbing to a small roof. Fast, but not safe.

I decide to go the slower, but safer route. This way, I can go sideways from the two and hopefully we will have a better chance of catching him. I spin against rails, stepping against ledges to push myself up. By the time I get up, they are a little ahead of me. My mind races, my mission filling my mind. Flashes of light spin in my mind, making me hazy. Nonetheless, I continue.

Connor runs through a small greenhouse, hopping over tables to follow the deviant. I run along the outside of the building, following them through the glass. The two make an abrupt right, heading towards a ledge.