„to the ends of the earth,
would you follow me?
theres a world that was meant for our eyes to see. „
-lord huron

Y/n POV-

We finish off our dinner, light hearted conversations slowly floating back up to the surface. Me and Hank get a few drinks, Chris being the only noble person here. I don't even know if Connor can drink.

By the time I finish my last bite of food, I enter the weird drunken stage of euphoria. Although a little woozy, a new sense of confidence rushes through my bones. Chris talks about his wife, his homelife.

Mid sentence, I interrupt him. „How's it been lately? You know, with your wife. New hobbies, you know. Maybe a new baby?" My words slur slightly, making Hank giggle dramatically. Chris groans, „No. Y/N, you really need to go home and get some sleep." I let out my own little giggle, „Why, so you can go home and sleep with your wife? Shucks, I ain't got noooo one to sleep with. Ha. Ha."

My head slumps over, hitting the edge of the booth seat. „Ow."

I see Connor's light flicker yellow, his body stiff. „Your embarrassing me. Go. Home." Chris sighs, his hands rubbing deep into his temples.

I reach out to grab his hand, „Ooh, lookie here. You have some nice hands..." Chris jumps , trying to pry my fingers off of his hand. I continue, anyway, „The veins are niiice. Bet your wife likes those too-„ „OKAY." Chris yells, thrusting his arm away from me. „Your done. Let's get you home."

I groan, bored already. You know, I get the appeal of a sex robot now. I could say these things and the robot wouldn't care, he wouldn't pull away like I was some physco for thinking hands are hot.

Maybe thats what I should do after this. Get a nice, classical, deep-

Hank interrupts my thoughts, „I'm tired. Take me home." I plop my head onto the table, not wanting to get up. The silverware bounces, hitting me against my head. I can feel my hair sprawl out everywhere, food probably getting mixed in through the strands. Hank tries his best to push my out of the booth, but I subconsciously groan loudly and moan from discomfort.

Quickly realizing what I did, I laugh. Normally, I might be embarrassed, but all I feel is my cheeks flush and a smirk enter my face.

I feel an arm pull me, and when I look up, it is Chris, dragging my from out of the booth. Connor stands behind him, his eyes seemingly bewildered. „Come on, get up."

Hank slithers around me, stumbling out of the seat. He just walks to the front door, waving bye. His feet don't walk straight, and Chris runs to make sure he gets to his car okay. Chris frantically turns to me and yells out, „Ill try to be back in a minute... I might have to drive him. J-Just stay here a second!"

I stretch my arms out slightly, giving him a thumbs up. Stumbling, Connor catches me from faceplanting onto the floor. I land with my face inbetween his arm and chest, his other arm holding my back so I don't fall the other way. I laugh, „Ha. Ha- Ni-Nice catch there bud." My voice muffles through his clothes, his height too tall for me to be able to talk past his shoulder.

When I lean back, trying to face him, I fall backwards, despite his arm shielding me. He catches me, barely. Standing over me, he counts. „Okay, up on 3. 1, 2-„ Before he even hits three, I feel a rush of air pass my face. I groan, barely able to process my surroundings.

When I have a lack of a response, he asks, „Would you like to go home?" I nod, my eyes drooping. If I tried to form a cohearent sentence right now, I would only end up embarrassing myself.

His low, airy voice tries to comfort me. „Would you like me to call a cab?" I shutter, mumbling out what I can, „No. I need to.. Car. My car." He sighs, patting my back slightly. When he pulls me back, I feel his stray tuffs of hair brush against my own. „Y/N, you cannot drive home like this. You'll hurt yourself and others."