Chapter 13 youngest priestess

Authors note

Cage's bday wasn't revealed I researched about it and find nothing so I made it 10th of September this is also not Cage's real background story on meeting Taylor Stan I just made this up for the plots sake.

Chapter 13

*Cage never had a peaceful sleep nor sweetest dreams, every night since she was a child she had been hearing cries and words of a man that keeps her awake.

"It's the forgiving god of death" the priest who had been her guardian replied as he smile looking down on her "*cage you are one of the luckiest person to ever hear a God's words, they only approach pure and strong hearts"

. *cage just smiled back in response the priest then was called, she was left alone at the altar her smile quickly vanished like it was never there. She stared at the plain white altar with a statue of a hooded man she knew as the God of Death.

"You are just completely annoying" *cage almost whispered with a little annoyed hinted in her voice.

She sighed before turning her back from the altar going out of the church. She looked up to the peaceful blue sky, tomorrow will be the 10th of September also her 8th birthday. On her birthdays all they do is to greet her and spent the whole day kneeling praying for guidance and blessings.

*cage hated that, she wanted to be like the other kids who plays outside without interruptions, who sleeps well in their warm homes and soft beds, going to school to study on what you are good at .

*cage as a priestess have this responsibility for all of her life inside the church of death,she finds rule to be annoying.

-----The 10th

"Happy birthday Cage!" the priest greeted as soon as she entered the main altar where mass are held, he handed a black thick notebook with intricate designs.

She accepted the notebook feeling a bit happy, it was the first time that she received a gift other than prayers from her church mates.

"Here, you are 8 now and I know it is late as you are already having the time of your life here in the church however I want you to use that notebook to write your dreams and discussions with the GoD it'll help you I believe, I had a weird dream last night and it pushed me to give you this. Use it well cage" The old priests patted Cage's hair

She frowned 'how annoying why is it all about you' she thought, almost glaring at the GoD's statue, her eyes flew to the priests side where a couple bags.

"are you leaving?" she asked, obviously he will however she can't help but still ask

"Yes, I am sorry if I wont be praying with you kinda sad this is the first time I will miss your birthday prayer however I will still pray for you to have blessings and guidance while I am away" he ensured to still mind about the youngest priest, he actually wanted to bring her however things are rough when the sun will be present.

Cage just nodded "I understand, have a safe trip" she bid

After a minute the priest departed leaving cage with some other youngsters that she did not really paid attention to, and it seems like they were also avoiding her. She was titled as the youngest priestess as soon as she hit 18 she'll be the saint which is as high as a bishop.

Cage decided to go outside she went to the side of the cliff looking down at the lively nearby town under her. She wants to go there...

"Hello" *cage flinched hearing a sudden voice of a boy