Chapter 26 - Ice

Jhoanna's POV:

There is some time that I also felt tired and wanted to unwind. Just for once, away from work. Not being disturbed. Just me calming away from the stress.

But today, someone called to inform me about work. This is among the many things I don't want. Breaking the momentum of just being free.

I got upset because there was a problem at the company. Luckily, I was able to resolve the problem in some way. But still, my mood has shifted into a bad one.

When I returned to our room, my secretary was no longer there. Maybe she got bored and went out to save herself from doing nothing. Since I don't have anything to do, I stepped out of our room.

My eyes roamed around the resort, and from afar, my eyes squinted when I saw what I was looking for earlier.

My secretary was in the cottage. When I was about to go there, I met Gwen on the way so we walked together to the cottage.

As I approached, I noticed she wasn't alone. She was with one of my friends, Ate Maloi.

If earlier I was already in a bad mood because of the phone call, now it worsened even more. I can't explain it, but I was annoyed by what I saw.

Both of them were smiling and engrossed in conversation. It seemed like they were enjoying each other's company so much that they didn't even notice us approaching.

So I quickly interjected into their conversation to draw their attention to us. It was irritating.

I sat next to my secretary while my cousin took the vacant seat near Ate Maloi. Ngayon lang ako nakaramdam ng inis na mas malala pa sa problema sa opisina.

I suddenly felt annoyed with the person seating besides me for reasons I couldn't quite pinpoint. I also got irritated by Ate Maloi's response when she didn't answer my question about what they were discussing before Gwen and I arrived.

We ended up talking about the phone call I received earlier, and it was followed by the arrival of my friends one after the other.

But when they arrived, they immediately started teasing me, which only fueled my annoyance. I was about to leave because I couldn't handle the irritation anymore, but Colet tried to calm me down and prevented me from leaving the cottage. That's when I couldn't hold back my anger anymore and ended up lashing out at her.

I didn't intend to shout at her. I didn't mean to unload all my frustration on her. I saw the surprise on her face, she even raised her hands as a sign that she wouldn't stop me.

Even my friends were taken aback by my outburst. This wasn't like me. I returned to my seat, and tension filled the cottage. My friends stopped teasing me and sensed the atmosphere.

They seemed to realize how awkward the situation had become, so they started leaving the cottage one by one until only my secretary and I were left.

Minutes passed, but neither of us moved or spoke. No one dared to break the silence. All I could hear was the strong wind brushing against my skin and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. Eventually, she left too, leaving me alone.

I let out a heavy sigh as I sat there, trying to process what had just happened.

“Jho! Ano bang ginawa mo?! Arghh, bwiset ka!” I said as I threw my phone on the table.

Someone: “That's not how you destroy your phone. Itapon mo sa dagat.” I turned to where the voice came from. It was ate Ella together with ate Gia, Sheena, and ate Aiah. Mukhang masesermonan ako ah.